Studying for the CISSP - Please critique my plan - Looking for any suggestions

Kong239Kong239 Member Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
I will lead with the fact that I currently work for a very large defense contractor and have a very large amount of information assets at my disposal. I have access to many books and because my company hosts CISSP bootcamps, I have been given use of a bootcamp online presentation. I am the type of person that tends to go ALL-in when working on something. My focus does not waiver and prefer intense training over long term small training. I am fortunate to be able to spend a lot of time at work studying. I am a fresh graduate of college with degrees in cyber security and information technology. I have been working information security for a year and my previous career dealt in physical security. I currently hold my Security+ and GCIA certification. I have also completed CCNA training but have yet to sit for the test. I started studying for my exam a few weeks ago.

My first step was to read CISSP for Dummies Vol. 3. This gave me a brief overview of the 10 domains and a good starting point.

After finishing that book, I began going through the bootcamp one domain at a time. I have been spending about two to four days per domain. I converted a copy of the bootcamp to MP3 and it is the only thing I listen to in my car during my hour long commute. I go back and forth from domains that I have already done for refreshers.

While watching the presentations, I take notes in a word document. I then convert these notes into handwritten flashcards.

I am using the cccure.org test engine. I focus on one domain at a time and take several study mode tests going through each question carefully and reading the answer for better understanding regardless of if I got it write or wrong. I will take further note cards based on any information that wasn't in the presentation. I will then take test mode tests of at least 50 questions at a time. I then combine domains and take tests again. As of now, I am averaging about 90% on combined tests. I am through 4 domains.

Once I am done the presentations, I am going to continue to take larger tests on freepracticetests.org and I purchased the examcram book and cd. I am going to go through that set of questions to identify any weak areas that the other tests may not see or I overlook because eventually I will start to see the questions repeated.

I am going to read the 11th hour CISSP book and begin final preparations. Any tips here?

I intend to take the test sometime in November.

Thanks guys!