Options

Who's start M.S. Information Security and Assurance soon at WGU?

TBRAYSTBRAYS Member Posts: 267
Who's starting their M.S. Information Security and Assurance soon at WGU? I just started and looking to pair up with a few individuals....
Bachelors of Science in Technical Management - Devry University
Masters of Information Systems Management with Enterprise Information Security - Walden University
Masters of Science in Information Assurance - Western Governors University
Masters of Science Cyber Security/Digital Forensics - University of South Florida

Comments

• Options
    Agent47Agent47 Member Posts: 103
    I'm almost done but would love to still connect with people who are doing this program and offer any advice. I think you are doing the right thing by trying to find others because it will SERIOUSLY help you in the long-run. Good luck on your studies! It's well worth the reward!
  • Options
    Yeah I just sent you a private message, do you have any instant messenger?
    Masters of Information Systems Management with Enterprise Information Security - Walden University
    Masters of Science Cyber Security/Digital Forensics - University of South Florida
  • Options
    ValsacarValsacar Member Posts: 336
    I'm nearing the end, but feel free to contact me if you need any help. Having someone else to talk with that is going through the same courses, or already has, is always helpful.
    WGU MS:ISA Progress:
    Required: NOTHING!!!!!
    Current Course: NONE

Completed: COV2, LKT2, LOT2, FNV2, VUT2, JFT2, TFT2, JIT2, FYT2, FMV2, FXT2, FYV2, LQT2
    Started 01 May 2012, Degree awarded 29 Oct 2013
  • Options
    netsysllcnetsysllc Member Posts: 479 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I plan to start in February
  • Options
    sgarza85sgarza85 Registered Users Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Today's my start date for the MS:ISA program. I completed my BS at the end of august, and am looking to run through this program in 2-3 semesters (aiming for 2, realistically expecting 3).

Are you re-organizing your class schedule? I have a transfer since I have my CEH V7 already, so outside of that I plan to go through the classes in order, though I may move the GIAC cert up to 2nd semester just to get it out of the way while I still remember my CISSP material haha.
  • Options
    I'm actually on

LKT2: RLKT Task 1

now

• Options
    amcnowamcnow Member Posts: 215 ■■■■□□□□□□
    TBRAYS wrote: »
    I'm actually on

LKT2: RLKT Task 1

now

For LKT2, Task 1 is notoriously frustrating. Many students skip to tasks 2 and 3, then come back to it.
    WGU - Master of Science, Cybersecurity and Information Assurance
    Completed: JIT2, TFT2, VLT2, C701, C702, C706, C700, FXT2
    In Progress: C688
    Remaining: LQT2
    Aristotle wrote:
    For the things we have to learn before we can do them, we learn by doing them.
  • Options
    Mike-MikeMike-Mike Member Posts: 1,860
    netsysllc wrote: »
    I plan to start in February

probably same here
    Currently Working On

CWTS, then WireShark
  • Options
    spiderjerichospiderjericho Registered Users, Member Posts: 890 ■■■■■□□□□□
    I think I'm going to start the program in January or February.
  • Options
    xhitskwadxxhitskwadx Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I'm in my 2nd class at WGU - LKT2 and am starting Task 1. Does anyone have any good advice for the PPT. Perhaps someone has a template they've used for past classes? I work for DoD and work specifically in IA. This link for IASE has some great information on the current and future path of IA.

Information Assurance Support Environment Home Page

check it...any replies would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Jeremy... pm @ djoh103@wgu.edu