Options

IAT Question -

xkaijinxxkaijinx Member Posts: 90 ■■□□□□□□□□
I was lurking around in this forum and noticed a post talking about IAT certifications and the DoD directive 8570. My question is this...

So if I have an A+ certification I can list on my Resume "IAT Level I" and if I move on and get Security + Than I can say on my resume "IAT Level II" ? Is that right?

If that is right, I guess I would just list that under technical certifications section? I see some DoD jobs asking for "IAT Level II"

http://iase.disa.mil/eta/iawip/conte...abaseline.html

Comments

• Options
    DarrilDarril Member Posts: 1,588
    You could but everyone doesn't understand those terms. You'd do better for yourself if you listed the actual certifications that you have.

A hiring manager that understands the IAT requirements knows which certifications are required and which ones are desired for a specific job. If an A+ is desired/required, that's what a hiring manager will look for. More, automated resume scanners will be looking specifically for the certification such as A+ or Security+. If you put in IAT Level I or IAT Level II without those certifications, your resume will be skipped.

Most hiring managers that are not involved with DOD 8570 don't understand IAT levels and they would probably skip over your resume too.

All that said, there's nothing wrong with having several versions of your resume. If a job posting is specifically looking for IAT Level I and you have both A+ and Network+, list them all. When you're applying for a job that requires an A+, put in A+ but leave off IAT Level I.

Hope this helps.
  • Options
    xkaijinxxkaijinx Member Posts: 90 ■■□□□□□□□□
    So applying for a DOD Job, I would list IAT Level II, A+, Security + etc etc but none DOD jobs just A+, Security +, yes?
  • Options
    DarrilDarril Member Posts: 1,588
    xkaijinx wrote: »
    So applying for a DOD Job, I would list IAT Level II, A+, Security + etc etc but none DOD jobs just A+, Security +, yes?
    Darril wrote: »
    You could but everyone doesn't understand those terms. You'd do better for yourself if you listed the actual certifications that you have.

About the only time I'd include "IAT Level" is when a job posting specifically lists it as a requirement, but that isn't common.

HTH