Options

hypnosis to help studying

3000GT3000GT Member Posts: 212
I have to admit that im a very open minded person and ive always thought about doing hypnosis to improve my memory skill and to accelerate my learning. Has anyone gone down this route as at the moment, my studying has reached a dead end and i cant get back into my studying no matter what i do i just trail off, i want to get focused to pass my MCSA and get a job i enjoy doing using my skills icon_sad.gif

Comments

• Options
    TURTLEGIRLTURTLEGIRL Member Posts: 361
    I'm not sure if Hypnotherapy would personally work myself but I am also open minded and going through similar with study. A few things come to mind when studying ceases to stop completely.

If you have the money invest in new material.

Find somewhere new to study as sometimes a change in atmosphere can help.

Aim for small goals on a daily basis maybe even doing a table chart for each day and concentrate on one objective at a time.

Make some time for time out.

3 meals a day, sleep and exercise.(not all at the same time!).

Remember Rome was'nt built in a day.

Your brain will digest the material once you can restructure your thinking. Invest your confidence in applying what you can learn right now and less thought of what you can't.

Good Luck

:D
    If you don't know 24 then you don't know Jack!
  • Options
    3000GT3000GT Member Posts: 212
    I have all the XP material i could want to study for the exam and pass it, its just the picking up the book or watching the CBT`s to learn it, i have no get-up-and-go attitude towards it, when i do read some of it i just trail off and esp when watching the CBT`s ive fallen asleep! I need something in my sub-consious to provoke me to keep studying, i have debts that need paying and im only just scraping buy each month on what i earn, but even this cant kick me back into it, i need help!
  • Options
    keenonkeenon Member Posts: 1,922 ■■■■□□□□□□
    i had the same problem for a while, what i ended up doing was forcing myslef to get up earlier than i needed to be to study with no distractions. THAT WAS THE HARD PART.. but now i get up without an alarm clock and just do and happy to do it at that...
    Become the stainless steel sharp knife in a drawer full of rusty spoons
  • Options
    lordylordy Member Posts: 632 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I had similar problems. After passing CCNA I was so proud that I stopped studying for quite some time. I tried to get back into it but that didn't work out.

What helped me was leaving town for a week (leaving the books behind) to come back fresh and motivated.

Regards,
    Lordy
    Working on CCNP: [X] SWITCH --- [ ] ROUTE --- [ ] TSHOOT
    Goal for 2014: RHCA
    Goal for 2015: CCDP
  • Options
    keatronkeatron Member Posts: 1,213 ■■■■■■□□□□
    It always helps to try to include as much lab work as possible. For example, don't just read about ds commands, get on a server and create some users, groups, etc. DHCP reading and routing giving you a brain freeze? Implement some it!!! Not only will this break up some of the boring process of reading hundreds of pages, but it will also give you a much better chance of actually retaining the information. Pretty much every MS test I've taken was mostly prepared for with labs or actual hands on in the field. Try and apply this to any exam you're studying for.

By the way, when doing ds and csve commands make sure you practice using ALL of the flags.
  • Options
    darkuserdarkuser Member Posts: 620 ■■■□□□□□□□
    i advocate learning the material ; it works much better.

hmmm i always knew microsoft was secretly using hypnosis icon_twisted.gif
    rm -rf /
  • Options
    Silver BulletSilver Bullet Member Posts: 676 ■■■□□□□□□□
    This site helps keep me motivated. I found this site when I was studying for my A+. I can go to the forum of the test that I am currently studying and read the success stories of a pass and usually stay motivated. Now there are other circimstances that come into play like work load, spending time with my daughter, household chores/projects and family events. Most of the time though I can come here and get my motivation by seeing that someone else has obtained/passed the test that I am currently studying for.

Thanks techexams.net
  • Options
    qsubqsub Member Posts: 303
    Hypnosis might make you remember, but I can't say you nescessarly learn from that.. I think you would need to know and understand basic terminology.
    World Cup 2006 - Zidane - Never Forget.