ICND1 countdown begins

mgates67mgates67 Member Posts: 55 ■■■□□□□□□□
I wasn't necessarily looking for motivation, but I don't think a deadline will be a bad thing. So, I scheduled my ICND1 exam yesterday. 30 October at 10:30am it is.

I've finished all of the ICND1 CBTNuggets videos and have read through Odom's ICND1 Official Cert Guide. I'm currently going through a review of Odom's book, labbing every day, and practicing subnetting every day. I also have the CCENT/CCNA flash cards that I'm using periodically. I also have a the Boson exam engine to take a few practice exams with. If there are any other pointers anyone can throw my way, they would be much appreciated.

Comments

• EV42TMANEV42TMAN Member Posts: 256
    just keep up the motivation to study. review the OSI model as well i didn't get tested on it too much when i did ICND1 back in May but, it could save you if you're running low on time and don't get to all the questions. remember with cisco tests there is no going back on questions, when you click next you are done on the previous question.
    Current Certification Exam: ???
    Future Certifications: CCNP Route Switch, CCNA Datacenter, random vendor training.
  • MrBrianMrBrian Member Posts: 520
    Sounds like you got a plan! Just stick to that and I think you'll be fine. That's a good idea to lab and practice subnetting every day. The more the better.

If you can subnet quickly, that will take a lot of the pressure off, and allow you to focus elsewhere.
    Currently reading: Internet Routing Architectures by Halabi
  • mapletunemapletune Member Posts: 316
    Sounds like you are almost good to go already.

I'd say to just reschedule to take the test even earlier when you start getting tired of labbing and reviewing. Usually, when you get a bit bored of ICND1 or ICND2, that means you are more than prepared for the exam and ready for the next level!

=) good luck!
    Studying: vmware, CompTIA Linux+, Storage+ or EMCISA
    Future: CCNP, CCIE
  • mgates67mgates67 Member Posts: 55 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Thanks for the advice guys. I've noticed that a steady diet of questions from subnettingquestions.com has helped to improve my time-to-solve tremendously.

I would love to move the test time sooner, but I'm out of town on business for the next couple of weeks. I'll have plenty of time to study, but taking the exam won't be as easy. No worries, extra time to study can't be a bad thing.
  • RouteMyPacketRouteMyPacket Member Posts: 1,104
    mgates67 wrote: »
    Thanks for the advice guys. I've noticed that a steady diet of questions from subnettingquestions.com has helped to improve my time-to-solve tremendously.

I would love to move the test time sooner, but I'm out of town on business for the next couple of weeks. I'll have plenty of time to study, but taking the exam won't be as easy. No worries, extra time to study can't be a bad thing.

I went ahead and scheduled my first Cisco exam for Nov 30th, tons of time but I feel more focused already and may move it up depending on his this goes.
    Modularity and Design Simplicity:

Think of the 2:00 a.m. test—if you were awakened in the
    middle of the night because of a network problem and had to figure out the
    traffic flows in your network while you were half asleep, could you do it?
  • someasiandudesomeasiandude Member Posts: 85 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Good luck!
    A.S. - Computer Networking Student (Spring 2014)

CompTIA A+ (passed 10/2012) ----> CompTIA Net+ ----> CCENT :study: ---> CCNA ---> ???
  • FloOzFloOz Member Posts: 1,614 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Nice! Keep it up and goodluck! I plan on taking it late Novemeber/early December
  • RoguetadhgRoguetadhg Member Posts: 2,489 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Good luck man!
    In order to succeed, your desire for success should be greater than your fear of failure.
    TE Threads: How to study for the CCENT/CCNA, Introduction to Cisco Exams

• StussyNzStussyNz Member Posts: 177
    Sounds like you are all sorted already! Keep us up to date with the outcome! Goodluck.
  • whatthehellwhatthehell Member Posts: 920
    Best of luck!
    2017 Goals:
    [ ] Security + [ ] 74-409 [ ] CEH
    Future Goals:
    TBD