Educate me on the Cisco CUBE

So, at me job, we are getting more and more customers coming to us that are saying they need to deploy this. I am starting to research it.
Just need a rundown and what is does.

Thanks
What I am working on
CCNP Route (Currently) 80% done
CCNP Switch (Next Year)
CCNP TShoot (Next Year)

Comments

• kmcintosh78kmcintosh78 Member Posts: 195
    QHalo wrote: »
    I read over that and I am reading the Other Docs.
    Just trying to see where and why it is used.
    Real world based. Not Case study or lab use via Cisco.
    What I am working on
    CCNP Switch (Next Year)
    CCNP TShoot (Next Year)
  • shodownshodown Member Posts: 2,271
    the link above works, but pretty much it can be several things.

Most people use them to setup sip trunks to extend there VOIP into to the telco world over IP.

I have used them to connect 2 different voip systems together, you can use them for call admission control, and a few other things as well. What do you plan on using it for.
    Currently Reading

CUCM SRND 9x/10, UCCX SRND 10x, QOS SRND, SIP Trunking Guide, anything contact center related
  • kmcintosh78kmcintosh78 Member Posts: 195
    shodown wrote: »
    the link above works, but pretty much it can be several things.

Most people use them to setup sip trunks to extend there VOIP into to the telco world over IP.

I have used them to connect 2 different voip systems together, you can use them for call admission control, and a few other things as well. What do you plan on using it for.
    I guess that it would be used primarily to bond 2 different VoIP systems? And to help with the migration from TDM PBXs to an all VoIP solution.
    So, if a company that provides hosted VoIP to a customer has issues with the Company based VoIP system either registering the VoIP sets or the passing of traffic, it may alleviate the issue of the call manager not doing this?
    What I am working on
    CCNP Switch (Next Year)
    CCNP TShoot (Next Year)
  • shodownshodown Member Posts: 2,271
    hmm.

if you want to bond 2 voip systems together both voip systems have to work. You will just be using the cube to terminate sip trunks or route calls through it. If you had problems with one of the voip systems you would still have to fix it before you could use the CUBE.
    Currently Reading

CUCM SRND 9x/10, UCCX SRND 10x, QOS SRND, SIP Trunking Guide, anything contact center related