Options

banner/separator page help??

biggenebiggene Member Posts: 153 ■■■■□□□□□□
Hi folks,

I have an issue with some users printing from their laptops. I have users on Macbooks and Windows laptops printing to an HP 3015 LaserJet and everytime they submit a job, along with their printout, they get a banner page with the following information
""user:gbaker (hoass)
job name logmein123.com"

I looked through the software on both laptops, made sure the separator page was turned off, made sure headers and footers weren't printing, and I also looked through the configuration menus on the printers webpage and was not able to find a setting to turn anything like a banner page/separator page off.

Anyone have any ideas at all? It isn't hurting anything, but it is wasting a ton of paper and annoying my users.
Thanks in advance for any help,
Gene

Comments

• Options
    paulgswansonpaulgswanson Member Posts: 311
    We had similar issue issue. Also with those HP's It was a Print server setting. It completly overrode the local settings. Check with whoever runs that, they should be able to eliminate the separator
    http://paulswansonblog.wordpress.com/
    WGU Progress: B.S. Network Management & Design <- I quit (got bored)
  • Options
    Ok, I asked our server admin about that, and he said that should not be an issue as the only people who use the print server run off our Citrix Xen desktops. These HP's are all installed as direct TCP/IP printers on the users laptops.
  • Options
    So, No Printer Server Spoolers running?
    Just the local ones? And the Ones on the Printers themselves?

Have you ruled out a incorrect firmware version?
  • Options
    yep just the local spoolers, and the ones on the printer.

I have not checked for firmware versions, but would that cause it for different satellite offices?
  • Options
    If the satellite offices also have the wrong firmware and\or drivers installed, absolutley. I would also make sure ther are no aditional drivers on the machines(like Xerox drivers [assuming you don't use them also]) sometime they will pull from other drivers even though you installed the correct ones. HPs software isn't exactly known for its precision :P
  • Options
    If the satellite offices also have the wrong firmware and\or drivers installed, absolutley. I would also make sure ther are no aditional drivers on the machines(like Xerox drivers [assuming you don't use them also]) sometime they will pull from other drivers even though you installed the correct ones. HPs software isn't exactly known for its precision :P

LOL, this is true. They do have NEC drivers on most of the PC's for the big color MFP's in the offices, so I will blow away the drivers and reinstall from a fresh download and see if this fixes it.

Thanks for the help man,
    Gene