Options

CIPP/C or CIPP/IT ?

Big-JJBig-JJ Member Posts: 53 ■■■□□□□□□□
Hi guys,

Currently studying CIPP foudation and planning to get it out of my way soon.

What to go for next...CIPP/C (I live in Canada) or CIPP/IT?

It makes more sense for me to go for CIPP/IT but I got to think...Don't concepts from CIPP/IT overlap with sec concepts that we already know or are somewhat familiar with from other sec certifications?

So, CIPP/C might add more value to me as it more aligns with business side of things?

Thank you for your advice.
MBA, CIA, CRMA, CISA, CISM, CRISC, CISSP, PMP

Comments

• Options
    paul78paul78 Member Posts: 3,016 ■■■■■■■■■■
    It depends on what you do in your job. I work with legal contracts and regulation comliance a lot so I plan to do the CIPP/US or CIPP/EU. I do think the CIPP/C will likewise line up better with legal.

BTW - did you already get the new foundation materials. I am still for IAPP to publish it. Thanks.
  • Options
    GoodBishopGoodBishop Member Posts: 359 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I would say that you should go for the CIPP/IT first, and then the CIPP/C, unless you do a lot of contract related items (in which case you would need a deeper understanding of Canadian privacy law), then you would do the CIPP/C first.
  • Options
    Big-JJBig-JJ Member Posts: 53 ■■■□□□□□□□
    paul,

they published the new one for foundation exam in Sep. It should be available at their web site.
    MBA, CIA, CRMA, CISA, CISM, CRISC, CISSP, PMP
  • Options
    paul78paul78 Member Posts: 3,016 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Odd - I've been watching for it on the site for some time. I just checked and it shows as "Coming soon!". I'll have to drop IAPP an email.