Options

C|EH cleared!

ltgenspecificltgenspecific Member Posts: 96 ■■□□□□□□□□
Woohoo! Passed v7 this morning with 89%. icon_cheers.gif

Quick review as others have done this extensively:

1. "Know your tools" - The obvious one and it was absolutely true.
2. Spend some time really focusing on what happens at a deep packet level. I did this on the advice of a CISSP that I respect and it REALLY helped bring all the tool trivia together.

I used the standard WGU study material and agree with others on this board. The only material of real value were the ECCouncil videos, some good stuff there. Other than that it was all about actually just getting into the tools and have some safe fun on VMs.

2 weeks until CHFI... Not really looking forward to this one due to content but we'll see... Good luck to all!

Comments

• Options
    lsud00dlsud00d Member Posts: 1,571
    Congrats icon_thumright.gif

As I get more into cybersecurity, networking, and playing with BT I set my sights on the C|EH. I started using Linux a little over a year ago and around that time participated in a cybersecurity "capture the flag" competition. It blew my mind how awesome it was, even though I wasn't very effective as an individual on the red team. But now I can run through the Metasploit Unleashed course with no issue and am planning on scripting much of the attack for this go 'round of the competition icon_twisted.gif
  • Options
    cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
    Congrats on the pass!
  • Options
    veritas_libertasveritas_libertas Member Posts: 5,746 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Congratulations! I'll bet that was a fun exam :)
  • Options
    AnthonyFAnthonyF Member Posts: 109
    Congratulations!
  • Options
    IvanjamIvanjam Member Posts: 978 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats, ltgenspecific - good luck on the C|HFI! icon_thumright.gif
    Fall 2014: Start MA in Mathematics [X]
    Fall 2016: Start PhD in Mathematics [X]
  • Options
    ltgenspecificltgenspecific Member Posts: 96 ■■□□□□□□□□
    @Isud00d

It's going to be a breeze for you with that level of familiarity. Just brush up on your "book knowledge" and you'll be fine. Major deal being not just how to use the tools but what actually happens when one of your tools is put to use. One thing I wish they would have incorporated into the exam was SET-related stuff. I for one, thanks to the ISD podcast, have gotten so goddamn much enjoyment out of playing with SET that it seems indispensable, then again, that may be coming with v8... we'll see.
  • Options
    lsud00dlsud00d Member Posts: 1,571
    Awesome, thank you for the additional info ltgenspecific! Regarding your statement earlier,
    deep packet level
    Do you mean like hex **** to evaluate TCP/IP packet contents?
    Also good luck on the C|HFI!
  • Options
    whatthehellwhatthehell Member Posts: 920
    Congratz on the pass and thanks for the info!
    2017 Goals:
    [ ] Security + [ ] 74-409 [ ] CEH
    Future Goals:
    TBD
  • Options
    Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats on pass!! icon_thumright.gif
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63