Am I right on this question ?

xjxxjx Member Posts: 33 ■■□□□□□□□□
I have a preplogic exam guide, there is question about RFC 1918 private IP address rang ?
select the best ansers:
a. 10.191.168.1
b. 11.10.10.10
c. 17217.1.1
d. 192.16910.10
e. 192.168.255.255

my answer are : A C E
but the answer is A and C

is E a right answer ? what is RFC 1918 anyway.

thanks

Comments

• dunnkw11dunnkw11 Member Posts: 8 ■□□□□□□□□□
    10.0.0.0 - 10.255.255.255
    172.16.0.0 - 172.31.255.255
    192.168.0.0 - 192.168.255.255

here you go...
  • paige1paige1 Member Posts: 117
    This may explain RFC 1918:
    An IP (Internet Protocol) Address is a 32-bit number broken up into "quads" of 1 byte each, separated by dots. 1 byte is 8 bits which in decimal is a number in the range 0 to 255. For example, 10.234.56.71 is an IP Address. There are only so many "real" IP addresses, and they are (and have been) perpetually very close to being used up and thus are very difficult to get.

One of the solutions to this problem is so-called "private" IP Addresses. These are ranges of IP Addresses set aside expressly for use by a company or other entity internally. Private IP Addresses cannot be used to connect directly to the Internet--that is they are non-routable. These are also often called RFC1918 addresses.
    Self-confidence is the first requisite to great undertakings.

Samuel Johnson
    As for whether answer E is correct, it looks like it may be. I would like to know for sure myself icon_sad.gif

Samuel Johnson
  • fualkerfualker Member Posts: 51 ■■□□□□□□□□
    192.168.255.255 is a broadcast ip address so if the question stated somthing about them needing to be usable addresses then it is not a correct answer. Other than that it should be included as a correct answer.
    Broadcast. Thanks

Samuel Johnson
  • xjxxjx Member Posts: 33 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I am so dizzy by study N1003 so hard and so confused. I missed the N1002 by a week, somehow I did not pay attention the exprition date . I am sure I can get 95% of the N1002, but when I looked the N1003 practice exam from PrepLogic, I am so scared, it look so much tough icon_sad.gif
  • xjxxjx Member Posts: 33 ■■□□□□□□□□
    another question for you :

there is a questins about fiber optic connector, some answer is ST and SC, but some include RJ-45 for LX, what should I answer it ?
    Sometimes it helps to look through other study material. (Books, practice exams, etc.). Have you tried the technotes and practice exams from this forum? You don't have to know everything. Here is something to get you started:

www.techexams.net/co_netplus.shtml (check out Media and Topologies)

Samuel Johnson
  • gabilangabilan Member Posts: 74 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Read the technotes of this site various time to familiarize with the material then buy a book. I used exam cram 2 I am not sure if there is a new edition for the new objectives, verify in amazon.com.

About your first question letter E is incorrect because you cannot assing this address to a host.

Fiber optic connectors ST,SC and MIC
  • EverlifeEverlife Member Posts: 253 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Don't be afraid of the new Network+ exam. I didn't find it anymore difficult than the practice exams for the earlier Network+.

I found downloading and reviewing the CompTIA objectives extremely useful. Just go down the list and check off the ones you know and review the ones you don't.