ICND2 Scheduled

txraider09txraider09 Member Posts: 69 ■■□□□□□□□□
Hello everyone, im planning on taking the ICND 2 on 11/9. Its been a couple of months since ive passed the ICND1 and now im needing on some advice on how to study/lab for this last month. Anyone have any input? Methods? Anything will help. Thanks.

Comments

• atorvenatorven Member Posts: 319
    Good luck, let us know how it turns out.
  • palitpalit Member Posts: 96 ■■□□□□□□□□
    How much of lab preparation did u take for ICND1...and how many months of preparation??was it easy?I am planning to take it next month.

Good luck for ICND2
  • MAC_AddyMAC_Addy Member Posts: 1,740 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I'd recommend going over all the switches technologies for labbing - STP, VTP, security etc. As for the Routing part, go over RIP, OSPF, and EIGRP along with ACL's. Labbing as much as possible will help you with your speed when configuring devices. Also, practice subnetting everyday. Re-read all your notes (if you have any), and good luck on your exam!
    2017 Certification Goals:
    CCNP R/S
  • neoteslaneotesla Member Posts: 37 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Good luck, txraider09.

I'm sitting ICND2 3.5 weeks after you, so I'll keep an eye on this thread. It would be great if someone who's gone through this would post specific labbing advice (and I mean the GNS3 and Packet Tracer labbing, for I boldly decided to go into this w/o having a physical lab). Though I'm rather sure that advice can be found elsewhere on the board.

My war plan at this stage is: next 10 days for CBT Nuggets #2, and about 3 weeks for Odom's book (about 30 pages per day). Thereafter, labbing and revising the book and my notes. Something like that...icon_study.gif
  • mapletunemapletune Member Posts: 316
    good luck people =)
    Studying: vmware, CompTIA Linux+, Storage+ or EMCISA
    Future: CCNP, CCIE
  • jamesleecolemanjamesleecoleman Member Posts: 1,899 ■■■■■□□□□□
    I would suggest that you know Frame Relay, Routing protocols, and ACLs very very well.

This exam can get very complicated and difficult.
    Booya!!
    WIP : | CISSP [2018] | CISA [2018] | CAPM [2018] | eCPPT [2018] | CRISC [2019] | TORFL (TRKI) B1 | Learning: | Russian | Farsi |
    *****You can fail a test a bunch of times but what matters is that if you fail to give up or not*****