Passed Icnd 2 and Icnd 1!

ginamiahginamiah Member Posts: 9 ■□□□□□□□□□
After a couple of months of studying I passed the Icnd 2 then the 1 yesterday. They were scheduled in that order by accident but turned out to be for the best. I want to thank this forum as it was a huge help in my passing.

Study materials
Lammle's ccna book (read all at once)
Cbt nuggets
Packet tracer

Thoughts on the tests:

Icnd 2
This test was a hard intro into cisco testing, but very doable. A lot less labs than I woul have liked (my strong suit) but a good mix of questions. I finished with 20minutes to spare but felt rushed. A big step up from the A+ exam

Icnd1
Phew, this was a cakewalk after taking the 2. Very basic labs and concepts, and yeah, lots of subnetting. I felt that preparing for the two tests at he same time really made the icnd1 a breeze. If going the two test route I would definitely recommend preparing for both at the same time.

Again thanks to everyone and if anyone has questions (or job openings :) ) feel free to ask

Comments

• IvanjamIvanjam Member Posts: 978 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats, ginamiah! You are the first person that I have ever heard of who passed ICDN2 before ICDN1! icon_thumright.gif
    Fall 2014: Start MA in Mathematics [X]
    Fall 2016: Start PhD in Mathematics [X]
  • ginamiahginamiah Member Posts: 9 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thanks! Ha, I wish I could say it was by design, but no matter what I tried I couldn't schedule the Icnd 1 at an earlier time than the 2.
    I'm glad it worked out that way though, otherwise I don't think I would have passed the Icnd 2 after taking the 1 in the same day.
  • mohamedshajidmohamedshajid Member Posts: 81 ■■□□□□□□□□
    OMG You great brother Congrats, I also like to do same way, Now only Finished all Class Subnetting so just roaming in forum to get some ideas, Now CCENT Configuration. :D
    [2013] CCNA Cert Exam @IBM Premier Campus in Sri Lanka
    + Reading Todd Lammle CCNA 7th Edition, CCENT Cert Dummies
    I'm totally afraid of heard strange word of cisco
    + Next Career - Red Hat Linux Networking And CCNA: Security (2013 Before June)
  • MrBrianMrBrian Member Posts: 520
    Congrats on your CCNA!
    Currently reading: Internet Routing Architectures by Halabi
  • sharkezosharkezo Member Posts: 16 ■■■□□□□□□□
  • whatthehellwhatthehell Member Posts: 920
    Congratz on CCNA!
    2017 Goals:
    [ ] Security + [ ] 74-409 [ ] CEH
    Future Goals:
    TBD
  • FloOzFloOz Member Posts: 1,614 ■■■■□□□□□□