Options

CISSP processing time

Comments

• Options
    jeromed1906jeromed1906 Member Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I passed the CISSP test on 28th of October. Finished the endorsement paperwork on the Nov 1st. Just got the dreaded "Your recent endorsement request is still being processed. We ask that you please allow the full six week time frame for the submission to be reviewed and processed" last night. IM assuming it will be acouple more weeks now.
  • Options
    MefodeyMefodey Member Posts: 13 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Is anyone here, who have recently received endorsement approval from ISC2 ?
    How long does it take from endorsement itself this days?
  • Options
    amcnowamcnow Member Posts: 215 ■■■■□□□□□□
    ISC2 acknowledged receipt of my endorsement documentation on Oct 26. Two weeks later (Nov 9), ISC2 sent an email saying my request is still being processed. Going into my 4th week now. Hopefully, they finish up before the Thanksgiving holiday.
    WGU - Master of Science, Cybersecurity and Information Assurance
    Completed: JIT2, TFT2, VLT2, C701, C702, C706, C700, FXT2
    In Progress: C688
    Remaining: LQT2
    Aristotle wrote:
    For the things we have to learn before we can do them, we learn by doing them.
  • Options
    RemedympRemedymp Member Posts: 834 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Mefodey wrote: »
    Is anyone here, who have recently received endorsement approval from ISC2 ?
    How long does it take from endorsement itself this days?

21 days for me.
  • Options
    PenguPengu Member Posts: 46 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Just started my 6th week of waiting. Had two emails, 2 weeks apart both on Sunday evenings that said they are still processing my application.

I have had little impetus to study for anything else in the meantime; feel a bit like i'm in limbo if that makes any sense.
  • Options
    October 26th - Received email confirming submission of endorsement application. Was told to allow 6 weeks for processing.
    November 9th - Received first email stating request is still being processed.
    November 23rd - Received second email stating request is still being processed. Was told to allow the full 6 weeks for processing.

Tomorrow will begin my 6th week of waiting. At this point, I'm taking that last message at face value. I predict hearing back on or just before December 7th. icon_sad.gif
    Aristotle wrote:
  • Options
    logikillogikil Member Posts: 26 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I'm glad to have found this forum. I have been looking for anyplace to give me some idea of these endorsement times, and this was exactly what I was looking for. In looking at your dates, amcnow, I am exactly 1 day behind you for each event including the receipt of those weird update emails. I am seriously hoping that this ends soon as I just want it out of the way.
  • Options
    dhay13dhay13 Member Posts: 580 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I am still waiting. Took the test 11/10 and submitted my endorsement documentation 11/14. Received an email from ISC2 that they received it and that it would take 4-6 weeks. Haven't heard anything back from them since but I am patient. I plan to job hunt after I get mine back and jobs are quite scarce this time of year so no problem waiting a few more weeks here.

You guys got your follow-up exactly 2 weeks after submitting your endorsement? The 28th was 2 weeks for me and I haven't got anything. I thought maybe there was a pattern there but I guess not.
  • Options
    trueshrewkmctrueshrewkmc Member Posts: 107
    My 6th week of waiting for endorsement ends today. If I read the web site correctly, ISC2 is in Florida, USA. That means there could be a Thanksgiving holiday delay. Wednesday = travel day, Thursday = Thanksgiving, Friday = many people still out of office

Gobble, gobble
  • Options
    trueshrewkmctrueshrewkmc Member Posts: 107
    Just got my email notification of official CISSP status today. Maybe the holiday week didn't delay it.
  • Options
    trueshrewkmc: This is helpful and sucks at the same time since the completion of your endorsement confirms that ISC2 takes this down to the wire, at least recently. That means I am looking at 12/8 before I will be able to sleep normally again. Ugh. amcnow, can you post when your acceptance finally comes through since I am trailing right behind you.
  • Options
    PenguPengu Member Posts: 46 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Got mine today.
  • Options
    Congrats Pengu!
  • Options
    UPDATE:

just received an email this morning saying my CISSP endorsement is still being reviewed and to allow the full 6 weeks.

Timeline:
    11/10-passed test
    11/14-submitted endorsement package
    12/5-received email stating still in process and to allow the full 6 weeks
  • Options
    That's slightly different. You received your form letter at 3 weeks rather than two. Maybe that means the process is going to go faster for you. I am hoping to hear the final word this week icon_sad.gif.
  • Options
    Hard to say. No biggie here. I am not planning to get it until after New Years anyway. Won't make a difference in my current situation either way so as long as I have it by early January I am ok with that.
  • Options
    AquaDragonAquaDragon Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    October 28th - Passed exam.
    November 1st - Received email confirming submission of endorsement application.
    November 15th - Received 1st email stating request is still being processed.
    December 6th - Received 2nd email stating request is still being processed.

Wait Wait Wait!!!
  • Options
    jeromed1906jeromed1906 Member Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
    AquaDragon - We passed the CISSP on the same day. I submitted my endorsement package the day after yours. I received the first email my request is still processing but, i haven't received the second email. It will be interesting to see when both of us get our official CISSP email since our endorsement process has begun at the same time.
  • Options
    Well I am about exactly 2 weeks behind you guys so we sill see. Post when you get it so I can start getting my hopes up icon_lol.gif
  • Options
    amcnow wrote: »
    October 26th - Received email confirming submission of endorsement application. Was told to allow 6 weeks for processing.
    November 23rd - Received second email stating request is still being processed. Was told to allow the full 6 weeks for processing.

Tomorrow will begin my 6th week of waiting. At this point, I'm taking that last message at face value. I predict hearing back on or just before December 7th. icon_sad.gif

Any word yet AMCNOW?
  • Options
    Still waiting. icon_sad.gif If I don't hear anything before tomorrow, then I will contact them to see what's taking so long.
    Aristotle wrote:
  • Options
    Still waiting. icon_sad.gif If I don't hear anything before tomorrow, then I will contact them to see what's taking so long.

Same thing here!
    Passed 25 oct
    Endorsed 26 oct
    Received 2 emails to let them full 6 weeks

Still waiting icon_sad.gif
  • Options

December 7th - End of 6 week waiting period. No official word.
    December 8th (12:27am EST) - Me: "What's taking so long?" icon_sad.gif
    December 8th (9:22am EST) - ISC2: "Congratulations! It gives me great pleasure to be the first to address you with the Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]®[/FONT][/FONT][/FONT]) designation![FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot][/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT]" icon_thumright.gif
    Aristotle wrote:
  • Options
    Awesome. Congrats!

So based on that I should get mine about 12/26, which is what I had calculated the other day.
  • Options
    December 8th (9:22am EST) - ISC2: "Congratulations! It gives me great pleasure to be the first to address you with the Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP[FONT=&amp][FONT=&amp][FONT=&amp]®[/FONT][/FONT][/FONT]) designation!" icon_thumright.gif

Congrats!
  • Options
    December 8th (9:22am EST) - ISC2: "Congratulations! It gives me great pleasure to be the first to address you with the Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP®) designation!" icon_thumright.gif

Congrats amcnow!

Today is officially the end of my 6 weeks, but I went ahead and sent an email to ISC2 support yesterday for an update. I was actually looking to post on when people typically receive their congratulations email, and given what you noted here if I were going to get it today I probably should have already. Hopefully I hear something today but if not then I guess Friday icon_sad.gif

Update:

Checked the email I sent and it was to member support which may not respond back for 3 business days. Sent a new email to Endorsement Services (those form emails were good for something). I am now officially a CISSP :).
  • Options
    psheehan5psheehan5 Member Posts: 80 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Five weeks as of yesterday that my application was endorsed and got the email this morning to wait the entire six weeks. Looking for jobs and it would be REALLY nice to finally put that on the resume.
  • Options
    Mefodey wrote: »
    Same thing here!
    Passed 25 oct
    Endorsed 26 oct
    Received 2 emails to let them full 6 weeks

Still waiting icon_sad.gif

Got mine yesterday after emailing to ISC2
  • Options
    Congrats Mefodey! icon_cheers.gif
    Aristotle wrote:
  • Options
    It feels awesome to finally have the designation and not have to see that orange and green half square anymore :). What does suck is that the CE cycle changed and my CEs on the Associate side didn't carry over. Oh well.

In any event it's finally done :)