Options

Rant on Amazon

exampasserexampasser Member Posts: 718 ■■■□□□□□□□
I normally like Amazon, but I got a bit agitated today when I tried to purchase an Ethernet cable. I got a lovely surprise when I found an item that I've purchased in the past is now classified as an "Add-on" item meaning that I have to have buy $25 of items before they will ship it. To add insult to injury this restriction even applies to Prime members, a big reason that I purchased a Prime subscription was to avoid the $25 minimum order icon_twisted.gif (for free shipping).

Comments

• Options
    msteinhilbermsteinhilber Member Posts: 1,480 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Use monoprice for any cable orders.

Amazon is irritating me lately though because I'm a Prime member and it seems my last 4 or 5 orders that were all Prime eligible items ended up taking a couple of days before the order even shipped. Probably won't be renewing my Prime status when it comes due.
  • Options
    KrunchiKrunchi Member Posts: 237
    "Use monoprice for any cable orders."

I did not know of that site thanks a bunch great link +rep for that. icon_wink.gif
    Certifications: A+,Net+,MCTS-620,640,642,643,659,MCITP-622,623,646,647,MCSE-246
  • Options
    emerald_octaneemerald_octane Member Posts: 613
    Love monoprice. They power everything at my home (including tv mount) and server closets.
  • Options
    gunbunnysouljagunbunnysoulja Member Posts: 353
    +1 to monoprice. Been using them for many years.
    WGU BSITStart Date: July 1, 2013
    In Progress: CJV1 (4 CU)
    Transfered: WFV1, TJP1, CLC1, INC1, INT1, EUP1, EUC1, BVC1, GAC1, DHV1, DIV1, CWV1, CRV1, DEV1, CTV1, DJV1, IWC1, IWT1, CVV1, RIT1, CIC1, CJC1, TBP1, TCP1, EAV1, EBV1, TJC1, AGC1 (82 CU)
    Completed: MGC1, TPV1, CUV1 (14 CU)
    Remaining: BOV1, BNC1, TXP1, TXC1, TYP1, TPC1, SBT1, QZT1 (22 CU)

• Options
    NotHackingYouNotHackingYou Member Posts: 1,460 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Another +1 for mono price.
    When you go the extra mile, there's no traffic.
  • Options
    MAC_AddyMAC_Addy Member Posts: 1,740 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Yep, and +1 for monoprice; they're fantastic with cables (all sizes) and shipping. Plus, they have some pretty snazzy colors, too! :)
    2017 Certification Goals:
    CCNP R/S
  • Options
    qcomerqcomer Member Posts: 142
    Dont forget about deepsurplus.com :)
  • Options
    Excellent1Excellent1 Member Posts: 462 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Yeah, I've used both monoprice and deepsurplus. And while it can happen to anyone, I am still leery of monoprice since they were hacked. Quite a few people had their cc info stolen and, like most companies, they didn't inform their users until after people started getting bogus charges on their credit cards. Anyway, I've used them since then and it's all been fine, but I still think about it.
  • Options
    KrunchiKrunchi Member Posts: 237
    Excellent1 wrote: »
    Yeah, I've used both monoprice and deepsurplus. And while it can happen to anyone, I am still leery of monoprice since they were hacked. Quite a few people had their cc info stolen and, like most companies, they didn't inform their users until after people started getting bogus charges on their credit cards. Anyway, I've used them since then and it's all been fine, but I still think about it.

They take PayPal so you don't have to worry about that issue.
    Certifications: A+,Net+,MCTS-620,640,642,643,659,MCITP-622,623,646,647,MCSE-246
  • Options
    nursegermannnursegermann Registered Users Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    YES IT SEEMS TO ME ALL MY ORDERS THAT WERE ELIGIBLE TOOK EXTRA TIME. SO WHEN THE TIME COME IN DEC i WILL NOT BE RENEWING.
  • Options
    BokehBokeh Member Posts: 1,636 ■■■■■■■□□□
    What cables did you try to order? I just ordered two cables for $3.24 each from Amazon and didnt get dinged on the additional cost. Got free shipping too. Granted Monoprice was a few cents cheaper, we have just had some bad luck with products from there, and terrible time getting refunds.
  • Options
    tpatt100tpatt100 Member Posts: 2,991 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Well I have to give some props to Amazon. I bought my wife a new iPhone and sold her old one to Amazon for credit. I listed it as "used" but when they got it they upgraded it to "Almost New" and credited me an extra $40.
  • Options
    netsysllcnetsysllc Member Posts: 479 ■■■■□□□□□□
    great prices and large selection of cable types and colors Cat.5E/6/6A Patch Cables - Bestlink Netware
  • Options
    YesOffenseYesOffense Member Posts: 83 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I know exactly how you feel. I have prime too and wanted to do the same thing with some prime eligible things like thermal paste and cables but ended up having to go through another seller with free (slower) shipping. Not cool Amazon. Still love prime for everything else.