Options

T1/E1 PRI VS T1/E1 Leased line

yuddhidhtiryuddhidhtir Member Posts: 197 ■■■■□□□□□□
I know what is PRI, but i have read that E1/T1 can be used for both voice and data, but then people tell me that leased line is used for internet/data or line between branch offices and T1/E1 PRI is used for voice, is there is difference between the two? Thanks in advance
“Satisfaction lies in the effort, not in the attainment; full effort is full victory.”

Comments

• Options
    it_consultantit_consultant Member Posts: 1,903
    Yes/No. A T1 can be used as a leased line to another location (a point to point), which is relatively common in places that don't have access to copper over ethernet. A PRI can be delivered over a T1 from the telco company, a PRI can also be sent over COE depending on how the provider delivers the dial tone.
  • Options
    yuddhidhtiryuddhidhtir Member Posts: 197 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Thanks alot! that cleared some doubts
    “Satisfaction lies in the effort, not in the attainment; full effort is full victory.”
  • Options
    phoeneousphoeneous Member Posts: 2,333 ■■■■■■■□□□
    I know what is PRI, but i have read that E1/T1 can be used for both voice and data, but then people tell me that leased line is used for internet/data or line between branch offices and T1/E1 PRI is used for voice, is there is difference between the two? Thanks in advance

T1 is really just layer 1, you can send voice or data over it.

One of the providers in my area can provide voice, data, and internet all over the same t1.