Options

SecureCRT Built-in TFTP Server

thehourmanthehourman Member Posts: 723
Hey guys,

Has anyone have use this feature?
I am trying to figure it out, but I couldn't make the built-in TFTP to work on my SecureCRT 7.0.1.

I enabled "Start TFTP server when session connects" can ping the router from the laptop and vice versa, but when I tried to copy my IOS to laptop; it just timed out.
Studying:
Working on CCNA: Security. Start date: 12.28.10
Microsoft 70-640 - on hold (This is not taking me anywhere. I started this in October, and it is December now, I am still on page 221. WTH!)
Reading:
Network Warrior - Currently at Part II
Reading IPv6 Essentials 2nd Edition - on hold

Comments

• Options
    DevilWAHDevilWAH Member Posts: 2,997 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I have had it working before, you have to set up the directories (forget exactly where you do this I don't have securecrt on my laptop) it works just fine once you have it up and running. Although you get issues if other tftp services are running when you start it up.

I prefer to use TFTPd32

TFTPD32 : an opensource IPv6 ready TFTP server/service for windows : TFTP server

for all my TFTP needs, you don't need to install it and it offers other functions apart from pure TFTP.
    • If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough. Albert Einstein
    • An arrow can only be shot by pulling it backward. So when life is dragging you back with difficulties. It means that its going to launch you into something great. So just focus and keep aiming.
  • Options
    JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,034 Admin
    I use 3CDaemon for a quick FTP, TFTP, and syslog server in Windows.
  • Options
    thehourmanthehourman Member Posts: 723
    The default directory for upload/download in OSX is the Document folder.
    I am using it on OSX and I believe the TFTPD32 only works on Windows. That's why I thought since it does have a built-in my as well use it.

I might try the tftpserver.app
    Studying:
    Working on CCNA: Security. Start date: 12.28.10
    Microsoft 70-640 - on hold (This is not taking me anywhere. I started this in October, and it is December now, I am still on page 221. WTH!)
    Reading:
    Network Warrior - Currently at Part II
    Reading IPv6 Essentials 2nd Edition - on hold
  • Options
    vanquish23vanquish23 Member Posts: 224
    You can also try Solarwinds TFTP. Free of course, like all software should be.
    He who SYNs is of the devil, for the devil has SYN'ed and ACK'ed from the beginning. For this purpose, that the ACK might destroy the works of the devil.
  • Options
    JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,034 Admin
    Oh Heavens yes. There's certainly no time or money spent creating and distributing software, so why shouldn't it all be free of charge?
  • Options
    phoeneousphoeneous Member Posts: 2,333 ■■■■■■■□□□
    vanquish23 wrote: »
    You can also try Solarwinds TFTP. Free of course, like all software should be.

In the business, we call this a No.