AS or AAS?

EverythingPCownerEverythingPCowner Member Posts: 57 ■■□□□□□□□□
Could someone please explain the difference....which is better......if you were gonna hire me...which would you want.
Alabama or Bust!

Comments

• medicmedic Member Posts: 116 ■■■□□□□□□□
    The AS degree is usually the first 2 years of a BS degree. It is designed to transfer to a 4 year school where you will complete your BS degree. Think Computer Science and the various engineering fields.

The AAS is designed to get you an entry level job after the 2 years of school. It's more practical as opposed to theory. You may have a harder time transferring credits from an AAS program to a 4 year school.
  • EverythingPCownerEverythingPCowner Member Posts: 57 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Thats exactly what i was worried about. I do plan on finishing my BS. If i go with the AAS, I will be exempt from like 5 classes based on certs/experiance. O well.
    Alabama or Bust!
  • Main EventMain Event Member Posts: 124
    Funny, I have my Associates in Science in CNA and when I went to my local 4 year university they stated that I am missing about 6 classes that I need to take to be accepted into the CS program. They advised me to go back to C.C and complete my Associates in Arts in Information Science and Systems then come back and re-apply.

Of course, I am not going to apply back to that same school, my feeling have been hurt icon_cry.gif