Options

What Testing simulator is best in your opinion or exp??

DeemeetriDeemeetri Member Posts: 60 ■■□□□□□□□□
Hey everyone, hope everyone gets a woody when looking at a clean cable management because I do :P lol joking aside, I''m getting very close to a point in my CCENT study where I will need to go through exam practice to test my knowledge before sitting for the exam but I'm reading and hearing different opinions on the matter, my budget is limited so I would love to do the research before I spend my money on something that won't help me pass the exam... so from your experience or opinions, which testing tool did you guys use and why... ********, Boson, etc etc??

Comments

• Options
    StussyNzStussyNz Member Posts: 177
    GNS3 and Packet Tracer for me. GNS3 is a router emulator, however you do not have access to switches from within GNS3. User Packet tracer, all labs for CCENT can be completed within PT.
  • Options
    Reck_Reck_ Member Posts: 25 ■□□□□□□□□□
    GNS3(routing) & PTracer (switching)...GNS3 because we can see a lot of config options as the real cisco router would.PT because it does not slow down my pc/laptop.Both will help you to pass your exam.Goodluck
  • Options
    DeemeetriDeemeetri Member Posts: 60 ■■□□□□□□□□
    no guys I didn't mean lab simulators lol I meant testing simulators as in questions, answers, explanations... I know Boson has the most realistic engine towards Cisco exams but I've been hearing mixed feelings regarding Boson...
  • Options
    goldenlightgoldenlight Member Posts: 378 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Pearson VUE includeds a official practice test.. YOu may want t ogive Pearson a call. Maybe they can point you in the right direction since they provide the test...
    The Only way to do great work is to love what you do. If you haven't found it keep looking. Don't settle - Steve Jobs
  • Options
    jdballingerjdballinger Member Posts: 252
    Be aware Deemeetri, that whatever you listed right before Boson (the asterisks now) is considered a 'brain ****' site and should NOT be used. As far as what testing questions to use, I recommend Pearson practice tests as well. I used them prior to both tests (they came with my Official Cert Guides) and I thought they were WAY harder than the actual test. They will really test the depth of your knowledge on a topic!
  • Options
    Michael2Michael2 Member Posts: 305 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Spend more time studying and reviewing commands than taking simulated exams because no simulator out there is going to fully prepare you for the test. These tests are designed to challenge you. All the simulators do is give you an overblown sense of confidence.

That being said, you can either order the Official Cert Guide by Wendell Odom and take the practice test on the disk, or you can take the one at www.mcmcse.com. You can also do both of those things.