List Apps on Resume?

BokehBokeh Member Posts: 1,636 ■■■■■■■□□□
I saw this question asked on another forum, and no one answered it at all. Everyone lists hardware/software they are familiar with, etc. However, if in your daily work routine, you are doing work from tablets, either Android or Ipad, would you bother to list any apps that you use on a regular basis?

Comments

• EveryoneEveryone Member Posts: 1,661
  • networker050184networker050184 Mod Posts: 11,962 Mod
    I wouldn't list apps that I use just like I wouldn't list Excel just because I use it to create spreadsheets.

Now if I created the app to solve a business need then I definitely would put that on my resume.
    An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made.
  • cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
    Does that mean I can't list notepad? icon_sad.gif
  • AkaricloudAkaricloud Member Posts: 938
    I guess my question to you is: Are there any apps that you truly think are complicated enough that companies are demanding people who know how to use them? -I can't think of any apps off the top of my head that couldn't be taught to someone in a day or less.

Apps are by nature usually quite simple to use given the limited hardware.
  • TheCudderTheCudder Member Posts: 147 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Akaricloud wrote: »
    I guess my question to you is: Are there any apps that you truly think are complicated enough that companies are demanding people who know how to use them? -I can't think of any apps off the top of my head that couldn't be taught to someone in a day or less.

I'm going to have to 2nd this.
    B.S. Information Technology Management | CompTIA A+ | CompTIA Security+ | Graduate Certificate in Information Assurance (In Progress)
  • 4_lom4_lom Member Posts: 485
    Akaricloud wrote: »

I can think of a few:

Great Plains/Dynamics
    TigerPaw CRM
    ConnectWise PSA
    Goals for 2018: MCSA: Cloud Platform, AWS Solutions Architect, MCSA : Server 2016, MCSE: Messaging

• EveryoneEveryone Member Posts: 1,661
    You know Microsoft bought Great Plains a while ago... Dynamics is now an MS product. :P
  • AkaricloudAkaricloud Member Posts: 938
    4_lom wrote: »
    I can think of a few:

Great Plains/Dynamics
    TigerPaw CRM
    ConnectWise PSA

Are these used exclusively as mobile apps though..? I would think you know the full featured computer program and would list that instead.
  • XiaoTechXiaoTech Member Posts: 113 ■■■□□□□□□□
    What!? You mean Flipboard and Pockcasts don't count for research skills? :P
  • netsysllcnetsysllc Member Posts: 479 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Yes most any CRM, Large enterprise accounting applications and many specific line of business software packages take considerable time to master. Connectwise PSA is one of them for sure, it takes about a week or two for most people to feel comfortable with.
  • BradleyHUBradleyHU Member Posts: 918 ■■■■□□□□□□
    i list software that are part of my duties such as DameWare, Remote Admin, SEP, Backup Exec, BES, Ghost, vSphere, Project, etc...
    Link Me
    Graduate of the REAL HU & #1 HBCU...HAMPTON UNIVERSITY!!! #shoutout to c/o 2004
    WIP: 70-410(TBD) | ITIL v3 Foundation(TBD)
  • Chris:/*Chris:/* Member Posts: 658 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I have a small section on my resume for software and tools to grab the attention of search engines and HR professionals. The software has to be there to meet the jobs I am applying to and be complex enough that it is worth mentioning, the only exception is MS Office. Remember tablets and "Apps" are typically created for the computer naive or as a tool for easy quick access for professionals. As mentioned by Akaricloud "Apps"really aren't worth mentioning.
    Degrees:
    M.S. Information Security and Assurance
    B.S. Computer Science - Summa Cum Laude
    A.A.S. Electronic Systems Technology