Options

PC Whiteboard Product Suggestions

malcyboodmalcybood Member Posts: 900 ■■■□□□□□□□
Does anyone use PC whiteboarding technology and if so can you suggest the software / equipment you use?

The reason I'm looking for this type of technology is if I need to do a presales call (work in network design) and talking through a solution with a customer, I can have a webex and discuss static diagrams from visio etc which is OK, but what would I use if I wanted to draw on top of the visio or just have a virtual "chalk and talk" session via webex / conference call?

It is not something I've ever looked into before but when working on complex designs it's not always easy to explain details of a solution over the phone and traveling 300 miles for 1 hour meetings just so I can write on a board is not feasible. We usually have a day on site then work remotely / collaborate with the customer as I cover the whole country.

Any suggestions?

Comments

• Options
    paul78paul78 Member Posts: 3,016 ■■■■■■■■■■
    I thought that WebEx has that feature.

Anyways - I like to use the annotation features in Nefsis - it's similar to Webex but I like the interface better. Easy Video Conferencing for Desktop or Conference Room
  • Options
    malcyboodmalcybood Member Posts: 900 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Thanks, but was more looking for a tablet / pen recommendation.

I've done a bit more research and the Wacom Bamboo seems to be one of the more popular pieces of kit. May give it a whirl................

Anybody got experience with these?
  • Options
    cnfuzzdcnfuzzd Member Posts: 208
    I have the Bamboo, and of all the pens I have tried, I enjoy it the best. It still does not feel like a pen though. Nothing feels better than pen and paper, but the advantages of having all of my notes and scribbles digitally stored is worth it to me.

John

Work In Progress: BSCI, Sharepoint
  • Options
    inscom.brigadeinscom.brigade Member Posts: 400 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I was just now watching this one, heres the link I am on part 2 of 4
    Making your own Interactive Whiteboard (part 2 of 4) - YouTube

you use a laptop a wii remote an bluetooth connetor a projetor, oh also an inferred pen, and a little tripod.
  • Options
    TheShadowTheShadow Member Posts: 1,057 ■■■■■■□□□□
    You know if all you want to do is annotate an existing screen or write on a blank screen then you might just download the free Zoomit utility from Microsoft's system internals site

ZoomIt

It will zoom text, allow you to draw in basic colors, type text in basic colors on top of the current display or a blank white screen. If nothing else it is handy if you have no other options. I have used it for years as a quickly solution. It is by well known expert Mark Russinovich
    Who knows what evil lurks in the heart of technology?... The Shadow DO