Options

Lab sort of setup, need help on the next step

r00tyr00ty Member Posts: 8 ■■■□□□□□□□
I currently have a 1841 router and two 2950 24 port switches.

I was wondering if anyone could suggest any good labs and/or ways to set this up so I can get ready for my CCNA.

Thanks!

Comments

• Options
    Ltat42aLtat42a Member Posts: 587 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Sure....There's a lot of info on Labs (hardware, workbooks, etc...etc) here on the forum. Look in my Sig below.

hth
  • Options
    inscom.brigadeinscom.brigade Member Posts: 400 ■■■□□□□□□□
    cbt nuggets goes through doing labs, they are great!
  • Options
    2URGSE2URGSE Member Posts: 220 ■■■□□□□□□□
    You can do what's called "Router on a stick", you can setup multiple VLAN's on both switches, the router will be used to accomplish inter-VLAN communications.
    A+
    Network+
    CCENT (formally CCNA certified)
    ICE (Imprivata Certified Engineer)
  • Options
    vyaraguddavyaragudda Member Posts: 7 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I would suggest you to go for GNS3 Emulator and refer CBT nuggets, They are really awesome, you will have best LAB practice if you go through CBT nuggets LAB Videos..

Thank you
    Veera
  • Options
    SteveO86SteveO86 Member Posts: 1,423
    GNS3 is great for doing labs, and they also have many labs there to run through.
    My Networking blog
    Latest blog post: Let's review EIGRP Named Mode
    Currently Studying: CCNP: Wireless - IUWMS
  • Options
    Corndork2Corndork2 Member Posts: 266
    Im also a big fan of CBT CCNA Labs. They take you through creation of a small branch office with one router and two-three switches. They also use another router to simulate upstream internet connections.

I'd reccomend using GNS3 as well, or buying one more router to add to your lab. That way you can also lab routing examples.
    Brocade: BAIS, BACNS, BAEFS Cisco: CCENT, CCNA R&S CWNP: CWTS Juniper: JNCIA-JUNOS
    CompTIA: A+ (2009), Network+ (2009), A+ CE, Network+ CE, Security+ CE, CDIA+
    Mikrotik: MTCNA, MTCRE, MTCWE, MTCTCE VMware: VCA-DV Rackspace: CloudU