Options

this is serious problem to me. head is itching

mohamedshajidmohamedshajid Member Posts: 81 ■■□□□□□□□□
Here guys i just wanted to complete my configuration part within few weeks and starting the real world lab gear at my class actually, i just strucked on this middle part here.

Using a packet tracer i just created a network,

1 router connected to 1 switch and switch connected 3 computers and 1 computer is connected via console cable. It's a vlan.

Now i configured and saved my configs for router and also to the same switch now over the router to switch blinking green color spots, But i did all the configs correctly even i wrote down in my paper the diagram and include the F0/0 ports assigned IP's and all. Now i just ping through my computer it won't ping "Requested Time Out" I thought there is a wrong with my IP is it right?

Router F0/0 : 192.168.1.20
F0/1 : 192.168.2.10
F0/2 : 192.168.2.25 - For PC0
F0/3 : 192.168.2.30 - For PC1

I'm pretty sure my IP all are wrong i think.
[2013] CCNA Cert Exam @IBM Premier Campus in Sri Lanka
+ Reading Todd Lammle CCNA 7th Edition, CCENT Cert Dummies
I'm totally afraid of heard strange word of cisco
+ Next Career - Red Hat Linux Networking And CCNA: Security (2013 Before June)

Comments

• Options
    Reck_Reck_ Member Posts: 25 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hi,

What are you trying to accomplish?
    Are you configuring a network where each computer represents that it is belong to a VLAN by using a Router ? The "Its a vlan" part confuses me.
  • Options
    apoole15apoole15 Member Posts: 64 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Can you give us an idea of what it is you're trying to accomplish and a little bit more description on the design - otherwise, we're just guessing. Are PC0 and PC1 on separate VLAN's and you're trying to ping PC1 from PC0? If so, what VLAN is each PC? If they're supposed to be on separate VLAN's, what is your prefix number for your subnets? You may be right that your IP's are wrong as PC's on separate VLAN's need to be in a different subnet.
  • Options
    atorvenatorven Member Posts: 319
    The packet tracer file will also be good.
  • Options
    NotHackingYouNotHackingYou Member Posts: 1,460 ■■■■■■■■□□
    What subnet masks are you using?
    When you go the extra mile, there's no traffic.
  • Options
    mohamedshajidmohamedshajid Member Posts: 81 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Yeah thanks guys but i troubleshoot the problem dude my IP is the wrong. Now i changed to class A IP address and did /8 prefix Somehow my command sh ru i figured out my wrong things.. Now it's right :D Sorry for confused :\
    [2013] CCNA Cert Exam @IBM Premier Campus in Sri Lanka
    + Reading Todd Lammle CCNA 7th Edition, CCENT Cert Dummies
    I'm totally afraid of heard strange word of cisco
    + Next Career - Red Hat Linux Networking And CCNA: Security (2013 Before June)