What question will security ask, have interview in next 24 hours

inscom.brigadeinscom.brigade Member Posts: 400 ■■■□□□□□□□
I just had a network engineer position interview and the want to PRE-screen me to evaluate if I can pass (Security Clearence).

It is not for TOP, but it is for SECRET.

Just wanting to be preparied, as for everything right?

Comments

• lsud00dlsud00d Member Posts: 1,571
    Grassy Knoll, Book Depository, all of the above, or none of the above?

Answer wisely
  • inscom.brigadeinscom.brigade Member Posts: 400 ■■■□□□□□□□
    lsud00d wrote: »
    Grassy Knoll, Book Depository, all of the above, or none of the above?

Answer wisely

are you prepairing for Fiday night funny?

what grassy knoll I am not a Horse!

are you saying that they can ask anything?
  • kgbkgb Member Posts: 380
    Are you talking about the interview to get a Secret Security Clearance?

If so...just answer the questions honestly...Not something to study for. You are over analyzing it, imho.
    Bachelor of Science, Information Technology (Software) - WGU
  • FrostbiteFrostbite Member Posts: 29 ■■■□□□□□□□
    It's been about 15 years since I filled out the actual questionnaire for a security clearance (SECRET) but I remember questions about drug use, criminal history, financial issues and associations with subversive anti-government groups being the main points. If it's just a pre-screening they may not get into too many specifics but the questionnaire will want you to be as specific as possible. If you've smoked pot, they'll want to know when and how many times, etc. This may lead to a follow-up interview with an actual investigator. Just be honest. If you lie, and they find out, you'll find yourself in more trouble.
  • boredgameladboredgamelad Member Posts: 365 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Have you done drugs, have you committed crimes, are you connected to any terrorist groups or do you hate America, do you have any friends who have foreign citizenship, where have you worked and for how long and who knew you there where did you go to school and who knew you there why were you unemployed for 3 months and how did you support yourself... then they'll go over your credit history, etc. And you have to be as specific as you possibly can for all of that.

You probably won't get all of that in a pre-screen; they'll probably just want to know if there's anything major that will disqualify you right out. The rest of that is the kind of stuff you'll actually get into if they decide to go ahead with the clearance process. Then they'll interview friends and family and co-workers as well, and you might be surprised who they end up contacting.

Seriously though, it's pretty straightforward. Just tell the truth, you can't gain anything by lying and risk everything by doing so.
    @kgb I am being considered for a position, but in order to keep it I mustbe able to obtain the Secret Clearence.

so that is below top, and below poly, I guess.

thanks for the other info it is helpfull.

I have a wife that was born in another country, but she is a legal citizen, could that matter?

I have a misdemeanor from 01/13/2009 could that blow it up?

My credit report is good except for 1 thing; I have a house going through pre-forclosure right now, so it is listed as just some late payment as of now.
  • jdballingerjdballinger Member Posts: 252
    I just went through my Top Secret investigation last year, but have been through two Secret investigations. The best advice I can give you has already been given, and that's BE HONEST with your investigator. If you leave something out, on purpose or not, the WILL find it. They are rather forgiving about a lot of things as long as YOU are upfront about them. Don't think you can pull the wool over their eyes on anything because they have access to all of your records anyways. I had a friend get his clearance with two bankruptcies on his record. That doesn't mean they won't ask questions, but as long as your foreclosure wasn't because your payments couldn't be made since you like to buy large televisions instead, you should be fine.

As far as your wife goes, it WILL come up, and it may end up leading to some extra time to get the clearance while they check HER out too. As long as she isn't a terrorist (or related to one) it probably won't be an issue. Whether your house is listed on your credit as foreclosure or not, if you are in the first stages of that make sure you disclose it. If you aren't sure of something, find out the answer before you submit your paperwork. Once it's in the system there is no going back and saying 'oops'.

Good luck!
  • boredgameladboredgamelad Member Posts: 365 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Those things may or may not be problematic, it's not really my place to say one way or the other. One of the things they tell you is that they do take your entire profile into consideration. So a single negative might not disqualify you, but a history of them might. Again, just tell the truth and don't try to hide anything, because they will find it out.

If you want to see some examples of security clearances that have been approved/denied (and for what reasons), check out this link.
    realy good stuff Thanks tons!

I understand the my wife may delay me, because of incressed investigation.
    Both Her grandfather's, were a general's in the Chinese military. One was a surgeon, and on ws a quarter master.
    But they are not terrorist.