Options

Job interview

pinkydapimppinkydapimp Member Posts: 732 ■■■■■□□□□□
Question. I have been looking for new jobs and have sent my resume to a bunch of places. One in particular sent me an email stating that they want me to come in for an interview. However, there has been no previous contact prior to that. No phone interview or anything. Just the email inviting me to an interview. It seems a little strange. Anyone seen this?

Comments

• Options
    W StewartW Stewart Member Posts: 794 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I wouldn't say it was strange. My current employer only sent me an email after reviewing my resume and had me come in for an interview. I would jus make sure that you know the name of the company and maybbe check them out online.
  • Options
    neo9006neo9006 Member Posts: 195
    W Stewart is right, my wife is looking for a job and usually she gets emails from places saying come on in, or sometimes a phone interview, just do your background on the company that way you have an idea of what they do.
    BAAS - Web and Media Design
    Working on A+
  • Options
    J_86J_86 Member Posts: 262 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Nothing strange at all. Some places just don't do phone interviews, all depends on the company.
  • Options
    BradleyHUBradleyHU Member Posts: 918 ■■■■□□□□□□
    i've definitely had this happen b4 in the past...not lately tho. Most want to do a quick phone interview, whether that is with HR or the hiring mngr...
    Link Me
    Graduate of the REAL HU & #1 HBCU...HAMPTON UNIVERSITY!!! #shoutout to c/o 2004
    WIP: 70-410(TBD) | ITIL v3 Foundation(TBD)