Options

Bomb 70-640 heeelpppp

_calvin__calvin_ Member Posts: 19 ■■■□□□□□□□
Completely bombed this test. Felt like I studied for an english exam and walked into spanish. The difficultly in the scenarios and level of detail they went into for the commands, I was blind sided. And I've read the whole 900+ ms press book along with the cbtnuggets videos and I've been studying log crazy and I did all of the labs. I never got anything less than a 75 on any of the practice exams (also used preplogic practice exams) and I got a 424 on the test.Guys please let me know what you used because, to me as of right now, that MS Press book is a joke. The amount of detail in the book and the amount on the test to me, was like a day and night. Or am I just missing something?Calvin

Comments

• Options
    How dumb of me, I missed the sticky. Thanks guys.
  • Options
    LunchbocksLunchbocks Member Posts: 319 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Also, use Technet in addition to the sticky's. When you take a practice test, take all of the answers you missed and the ones you guessed at and look them up in Technet.

The books alone will not get you a passing grade. CBT Nuggets are a great help, but Those along with Technet will take you further.

The 640 exam is a very tough exam. Averaging 75 on practice tests is not good enough to pass this exam. Also, take a look at the study guides I posted here to see if they will help.

Good luck!
    Degree: Liberty University - B.S Computer Science (In Progress)
    Current Certs: CCENT | MCTS | Network+
    Currently Working On: Security+
    2020 Goals: CCNA, CCNP Security, Linux+

• Options
    Lunchbocks wrote: »
    Also, use Technet in addition to the sticky's. When you take a practice test, take all of the answers you missed and the ones you guessed at and look them up in Technet.

The books alone will not get you a passing grade. CBT Nuggets are a great help, but Those along with Technet will take you further.

The 640 exam is a very tough exam. Averaging 75 on practice tests is not good enough to pass this exam. Also, take a look at the study guides I posted here to see if they will help.

Good luck!

Lol actually I've already started using your notes. Thanks