Options

Trying to re up my CCNA

kafifi13kafifi13 Member Posts: 259
Hey guys,

Been a long time since i've been on here. Just wanted to start saying how much i miss this forum and how this place helped me get started. I've been working in Networking for over 5 years now and it all started here. I got my CCNA years back and have been so busy doing work that i never continued on with my training. Having my first IT job kept me so busy that I didn't care and spent time really learning my environment. Now i'm doing so much that it's hard to believe when i first started here i thought the basic things were so hard.

So now my CCNA has expired. I'd like to get my CCNA again to have and then continue on possibly looking to do some other stuff with my certs. Maybe get into Security. I know there is the CCNA security but I think I want to just start with basic CCNA since most of my job and career has been geared toward routing and switching.

Any recommended books to just help me refresh my memory? How about practice exams? that was my biggest beef. I see Cisco now offeres practice exams for $80. how are those? Do they at least have sims or look like the real exams? I remember the practice exams were never close to the real exam. Anything advice you guys can give me would be huge. AGain I know all this stuff..just need some resources to help me prepare for the test and take it in a month or so.

Thanks,

Comments

• Options
    TurK-FXTurK-FX Member Posts: 174
    well, i recommend Wendel Odom`s book. Get ICND1 and ICND2. Also comes with nice content in the cd. Like practice test over 100 question and sims.
    I got CCNA practice exam from learnsmart for $1. Sign up for news, and you will get emails about promotions. I got the same email 3 times in past 2 months already. It has over 300 questions .
    WGU classes: Transferred -> AGC1, CLC1, TBP1, CJC1, BVC1, C278, CRV1, IWC1, IWT1, C246, C247, C132, C164, INC1, C277. Appealed -> WFV1 and C393.
    What is Left to take - > EUP1, EUC1, C220, C221, BNC1, GC1, C299, CTV1, DJV1, DHV1, CUV1, CJV1, TPV1, C394
    Currently Studying -> CCNA security (Designing Customized Security & Security)
  • Options
    sratakhinsratakhin Member Posts: 818
    If you do CCNA:Security, it will also refresh your CCNA.
  • Options
    Patel128Patel128 Member Posts: 339
    His CCNA expired so he will have to do ICND1/ICND2 or the composite. So the CCNA Sec will not refresh his CCNA.

For study materials I think most people use Odom's or Lammle's book. CBT Nuggets are very good too, but should not be used as the sole study resource.
    Studying For:
    B.S. in Computer Science at University of Memphis
    Network+
    Currently Reading:
    CompTIA Network+ Study Guide - Lammle