Options

Starting 70-680

tripleatriplea Member Posts: 190 ■■■■□□□□□□
Hi,

Wondering for thoughts on how I intend to tackle this please?

2 pc - 1 a server running server 2008 & 1 laptop running Win7 enterprise/ultimate.

How much will I need to do on the server side, not too worried by this but want to concentrate on the requirements for window 7 not windows 2008 yet. What roles will I need and I presume an AD and RAS?

We/I was the main person for the win7 deployment in our company last year mainly using WDT ( but self taught so expect to find some gaps ) and also did quite a lock of bitlocker work at the time.

How hard is this exam as I've heard various opinions?

I was intending to use the professor messor vids as my main study ( struggle with books TBH ) and suppiment it with loads of hands on and notes/study notes from this site to fill in some of the blanks. We have the MOC book for this so will use the testing in that.

Already have vista MCTS.

Thoughts people please? Will this be enough?

AAA

( was gonna knock this in before christmas if poss )

Comments

• Options
    seth479seth479 Member Posts: 84 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Good luck on it. I passed my 680 at the beginning of October and studied for about 2 months. I can understand books being a struggle but they really helped mealthough I went in with the usage of an EU and very basic admin stuff. So if you have a good grasp on Vista and have some administration knowledge of Win7 then the PM videos and hands on//lab may work out perfect for you. I used the Don Poulton book and a MOAC book, both of which I read in their entirety. I also watched the Prof Messer videos and followed along with him on my virtual machines and complete any exercises in the book too. You shouldn't need a server to lab with but it comes in handy if you want to do AD DS for GPO, DHCP and DNS for WDS, WSUS, etc. If don't want to mess with all that you can just use the Local Group Policy on you client machines and get a feel about what settings need to be set for AppLocker, BitLocker, EFS and others that you could set from AD.

Good luck!
    LinkedIn | www.sethhall.com
    In Progress - MCSE: Messaging [] 70-341 [] 70-342
    Up Next - MCSE: Communication
    2016 Goals: MCSE: Messaging / Communication, CCENT, LPIC-1
  • Options
    tripleatriplea Member Posts: 190 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Thanks for reply.

I just assumed that I would need a server for the VPN labbing side.

Think I will do this one. ( didnt mention server req in the MSOC book )