How do you simulate NAT in packet tracer and GNS3?

CaptainLCaptainL Member Posts: 78 ■■□□□□□□□□
Hi everyone! how do you simulate NAT in both packet tracer and GNS3? thank you! :)

Comments

• TurK-FXTurK-FX Member Posts: 174
    Well, for ICND1, you need to do it on SDM and you need few show commands to check it on CLI. So i think you need real router for that.
    WGU classes: Transferred -> AGC1, CLC1, TBP1, CJC1, BVC1, C278, CRV1, IWC1, IWT1, C246, C247, C132, C164, INC1, C277. Appealed -> WFV1 and C393.
    What is Left to take - > EUP1, EUC1, C220, C221, BNC1, GC1, C299, CTV1, DJV1, DHV1, CUV1, CJV1, TPV1, C394
    Currently Studying -> CCNA security (Designing Customized Security & Security)
  • Ltat42aLtat42a Member Posts: 587 ■■■□□□□□□□
  • TurK-FXTurK-FX Member Posts: 174
    Ltat42a wrote: »
    This guy has a 4 part series on how to do it.

Setup NAT for the Cisco CCNA w/ Packet Tracer - Part 1 - YouTube

hth

That`s in CLI, you need to know how to do it in SDM GUI for ICND1.
    WGU classes: Transferred -> AGC1, CLC1, TBP1, CJC1, BVC1, C278, CRV1, IWC1, IWT1, C246, C247, C132, C164, INC1, C277. Appealed -> WFV1 and C393.
    What is Left to take - > EUP1, EUC1, C220, C221, BNC1, GC1, C299, CTV1, DJV1, DHV1, CUV1, CJV1, TPV1, C394
    Currently Studying -> CCNA security (Designing Customized Security & Security)
  • IsmaeljrpIsmaeljrp Member Posts: 480 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Ltat42a wrote: »
    This guy has a 4 part series on how to do it.

Setup NAT for the Cisco CCNA w/ Packet Tracer - Part 1 - YouTube

hth

I recommend learning the CLI way , but for ICND 1 sake, read this: Basic Router Configuration using SDM - Cisco Systems

You should be fine just looking over it, SDM is so easy, you can set it up without ever having seen it. Seriously it's tab based and when you know the way NAT works and the CLI way, you will also understand SDM.
  • chmorinchmorin Member Posts: 1,446 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Ismaeljrp wrote: »
    I recommend learning the CLI way , but for ICND 1 sake, read this: Basic Router Configuration using SDM - Cisco Systems

You should be fine just looking over it, SDM is so easy, you can set it up without ever having seen it. Seriously it's tab based and when you know the way NAT works and the CLI way, you will also understand SDM.

Agreed. Part of my CCNP:Voice was learning how to configure UC540's with CCA. Never touched it before, but went through some basiscs (and some common sense) and knew how to pass the test. I now have configured dozens of these little box's, and never felt like I missed anything.

As long as you know WHAT you need to do, its pretty easy to find it in SDM.

Edit:

If you really wanted to see SDM, you can probably install it in GNS3.
    Currently Pursuing
    WGU (BS in IT Network Administration) - 52%| CCIE:Voice Written - 0% (0/200 Hours)
    mikej412 wrote:
    Cisco Networking isn't just a job, it's a Lifestyle.