70 642

ld3dld3d Registered Users Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi folks,
I am preparing for 70-642 exam using the MS Press book - Configuring Windows Server 2008 Network Infrastructure. I am also using some videos to improve my knowledge.

My question is :

Is it sufficient to use ONLY Microsoft press training kit exam prep powered by MesureUp, to test my self for the exam 70-642?

Is the test 70-642 going to contain questions from 70-640 or 70-646 etc?

I have never taken any MCTS exsam, that is why I am asking this?

Thanks in advance....

Comments

• netsysllcnetsysllc Member Posts: 479 ■■■■□□□□□□
    All of the tests overlap in some way. My suggestion is to go over every technology the test covers in Technet and do as much as you can in labs. Make sure you know the command line and powershell tools. Know the differences between 2008 and 2008R2. I hope it is the V2 book or you will be missing the 2008R2 stuff. However either way the book is sorely lacking on sufficient content to pass the test.
  • discount81discount81 Member Posts: 213
    642 overlaps in a few aspects, DNS mostly if I recall.

Doubt you will ever see the exact same question on 2 different MS exams, just the same concepts.
    http://www.darvilleit.com - a blog I write about IT and technology.
  • ld3dld3d Registered Users Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Tnx on answers....

I have 70-80% correct answers on MesureUp tests. My goal is higher than 90%.

Which test is most likely to 70 642 exam? How many questions is exam, generally what is exam look like?
  • sratakhinsratakhin Member Posts: 818
    It doesn't make sense to take sample tests until you score 90%. You'll just memorize the right answers instead of understanding the material. 70-291 is like 642.
    How many questions is on the 70-642 exam?

Thanks everyone on the answers....
  • LunchbocksLunchbocks Member Posts: 319 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I do not know for the 642, but for the 640 you will not pass if you only use the Microsoft Press Training Kit. I used the Training Kit, CBT Nuggets, Microsoft Server 2008 R2 Unleashed, Technet, and Transcender. For the 642, I am using the same resources and feel like I am getting all of the information I need to pass this exam.

Good Luck.
    Degree: Liberty University - B.S Computer Science (In Progress)
    Current Certs: CCENT | MCTS | Network+
    Currently Working On: Security+
    2020 Goals: CCNA, CCNP Security, Linux+

• Ch@rl!3m0ngCh@rl!3m0ng Member Posts: 139
    for the 642 I used the MS pressbook, Technet(A must with any MS exam), Virtual enviroment for labbing and server 2008 unleashed.

(Edit) so in answer to your question not really. If you work with servers every day then maybe, but if not hit technet hard.
    Currently reading: Syngress Linux + and code academy website (Java and Python modules)

"All men can see these tactics whereby I conquer, but what none can see is the strategy out of which victory is evolved." - Sun Tzu, 'The Art of War'
    Thanks on the answers folks....

I am using MS Press book 70-642 and technet for updates. Also I am following MessureUp tests, doing labs from MS Press book in virtual environment with Hyper-V.

My every day job is with Server 2003 and plan is to take certification from that practice, but im not so good in theory.... I am dropped out from learning habits.

Is there possibility to go and pass on the 70-642 exam without good knowledge of 70-640 exam? My fear is, If I am not prepared to 70-640, can this slow me down in 70-642 exam? Is there any relationship between 642-and-640 theory?

Lunchbocks : I am from Europe, and I was in Florida, this September....that is magnificent, great, brilliant, beautiful country, from my point of view. I hope that I will be back again....