Options

Passed 70-640

Commguy23Commguy23 Member Posts: 55 ■■■□□□□□□□
Finally passed the 70-640 and man does it feel good to get that over with! For those preparing for the exam my study habits / resources were:
3 to 4 hours a day during the week, 6 to 8 hours a day on weekends, for a solid 2 months. You really have to dedicate ALL of your free time to studying, I literally had no social life while studying for this (same for 70-680). I would come home and keep my phone on silent. Luckily, I was also able to study at work during the weekdays.
I used Testout Labsim, Don Poulton Cert Guide book, the Microsoft press book, Transcender, various notes found on the forums, and ITfreetraining.com. Transcender had better explanations for their questions than labsim, and they were pretty similarly worded to the questions I had on the exam. I used Transcender after completing the entire labsim course and reading the books, that way you get a good idea of where you stand. Take the time to read through the explanations for EACH question on Transcender, even the ones you get correct.
I have also used measureup, but transcender by far is the best. The labsim videos are VERY boring, but the labs definitely helped me out a lot. If you can afford it, get CBT nuggets, or just use the $24 a day cram sessions, you can watch all 20 or so hours over 3 days. I'd also like to note that some of the topics from the 70-680 relate to this exam, like Applocker for example.
Good luck to everyone! I am now on to CCENT!

Comments

• Options
    netsysllcnetsysllc Member Posts: 479 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats, I found it to be a hard test which consumed many nights and weekends myself.
  • Options
    Maverick918Maverick918 Member Posts: 23 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Did you have any Active Directory experience before taking the test? Do you currently work in IT? Seems excessive if you have experience in the field.
  • Options
    Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats on pass!! icon_thumright.gif
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63
  • Options
    LunchbocksLunchbocks Member Posts: 319 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats on the pass. I too had to completely immerse myself in studying to get ready for this beast. I am now studying for the 642 which appears to be easier than the 640 so far.
    Degree: Liberty University - B.S Computer Science (In Progress)
    Current Certs: CCENT | MCTS | Network+
    Currently Working On: Security+
    2020 Goals: CCNA, CCNP Security, Linux+