Options

turned in my report for eCPPT

jamesleecolemanjamesleecoleman Member Posts: 1,899 ■■■■■□□□□□
Well I just turned in my report for the eCPPT exam.
I'm sure I failed because nothing really worked out for me when I was doing the pentest. But I still got the report sent out with the things I did and how I did them. I wish it had worked out a little better for me. So I'm pretty sure I'll get rejected and I'll get another attempt for a rewrite.

But we will see. I usually fail certifications the first time. I don't think that this is one certification
I'll earn.

It's crazy how a scanner finds these vulnerabilities but I can't do even the most basic things to prove that the vulnerabilities are there.

I'll update after next week.

I'm off to study Russian :)
Booya!!
WIP : | CISSP [2018] | CISA [2018] | CAPM [2018] | eCPPT [2018] | CRISC [2019] | TORFL (TRKI) B1 | Learning: | Russian | Farsi |
*****You can fail a test a bunch of times but what matters is that if you fail to give up or not*****

Comments

• Options
    the_hutchthe_hutch Banned Posts: 827
    Hope it works out for you. I had actually been looking at this... Did you take the Student or Professional course?
  • Options
    Спасибо!!

I took the professional course because it offered the certification and plus the student option covered a lot of the stuff that I already knew about. It was a tough decision because I didn't want to get lost in the professional course but I went for it anyways. It was kinda easy to catch on for something but things like assembly and buffer overflows are a little more difficult.
    Booya!!
    WIP : | CISSP [2018] | CISA [2018] | CAPM [2018] | eCPPT [2018] | CRISC [2019] | TORFL (TRKI) B1 | Learning: | Russian | Farsi |
    *****You can fail a test a bunch of times but what matters is that if you fail to give up or not*****
  • Options
    the_hutchthe_hutch Banned Posts: 827
    Спасибо!!

I took the professional course because it offered the certification and plus the student option covered a lot of the stuff that I already knew about. It was a tough decision because I didn't want to get lost in the professional course but I went for it anyways. It was kinda easy to catch on for something but things like assembly and buffer overflows are a little more difficult.

Assembly can be pretty rough when you first get started. You probably made the right choice, as I doubt the Student version more thoroughly covers Assembly. I would assume that's, to a large extent, an independent research topic for either course. If you're interested in becoming more familiar with it though, Vivek Ramachandran did a free video series called "Assembly Primer for Hackers." A lot of free videos. I can't post the exact link right now because SecurityTube is blocked by our proxy at work. I can post it when I get off though if you are interested.
  • Options
    Thanks but I think I found the video.

Assembly is rough and it's difficult finding good material to learn from.
    The course doesn't really go deeply into everything. But they do put out some good
    introductions. One big problem is that they don't include the whole web course into the
    professional course.
    Booya!!