Options

My seniors just a question..

KaiiKaii Member Posts: 59 ■■□□□□□□□□
Hi seniors,
Is it okay to start an CEH training for me as my first step?
Im Kaii 22 year old teen who love programming,making stuffs and hacking(whitehat)..
Please help me to make my roadmap in IT industry sir/maam.

Thanks for all those who will reply ..
I`m the Designer of my Own Catastrophy

“The best way to predict the FUTURE is to CREATE it”

Comments

• Options
    discount81discount81 Member Posts: 213
    Sure, as long as you understand the subject matter, which by the sounds of your interests you probably will.
    http://www.darvilleit.com - a blog I write about IT and technology.
  • Options
    Kaii wrote: »
    Hi seniors,
    Is it okay to start an CEH training for me as my first step?
    Im Kaii 22 year old teen who love programming,making stuffs and hacking(whitehat)..
    Please help me to make my roadmap in IT industry sir/maam.

Thanks for all those who will reply ..

thanks ^^

build a homelab just like stark(ironman) sound great lol :P

• Options
    NinjaBoyNinjaBoy Member Posts: 968
    Just take note of this:
    11. Can I purse self-study and attempt the exam instead of attending formal training?

The answer is yes. You must show 2 years of work experience in security related field. You must also submit CEH exam eligibility application and obtain authorization from EC-Council before you can attempt the exam. Please visit Certification for more details.

See here.
  • Options
    AkaricloudAkaricloud Member Posts: 938
    I would honestly say start elsewhere. It's not really entry level and from the sound of it you have very little real world experience or enterprise level knowledge. I'm not even sure that you would fully grasp the concepts without a strong networking and administration background.
  • Options
    Akaricloud wrote: »
    I would honestly say start elsewhere. It's not really entry level and from the sound of it you have very little real world experience or enterprise level knowledge. I'm not even sure that you would fully grasp the concepts without a strong networking and administration background.

thanks dude.. can compTIA a+ be a great start

• Options
    emerald_octaneemerald_octane Member Posts: 613
    You're 22, not a teenager :P When I was 22 I worked in live data centers with millions of dollars worth of live transactions going through. You gotta demand respect in this industry (nicely). The sir/ma'am is a good touch though. CEH is a wierd start though. It won't get you anywhere on it's own. Definately not in a pentest gig automagically. Gotta have experience for that.
  • Options
    kurosaki00kurosaki00 Member Posts: 973
    Im a 27 yrs ol teen
    meh
  • Options
    UnixGuyUnixGuy Mod Posts: 4,564 Mod
    I don't think it's the best start. Read the material, work in your homelab and see if you can cope with the material. You need IT experience and more foundation knowledge.

If you get a job as a software developer, then you can progress to an application security role.

if you get a job in Networking, then you can do something with Networking security

same thing if you get a job as a sysadmin.

go get your hands dirty and get some real world experience. you're not a teenager icon_lol.gif
    Certs: GSTRT, GPEN, GCFA, CISM, CRISC, RHCE

Learn GRC! GRC Mastery : https://grcmastery.com 

• Options
    UnixGuyUnixGuy Mod Posts: 4,564 Mod
    kurosaki00 wrote: »
    Im a 27 yrs ol teen

+1 icon_lol.gif
    Certs: GSTRT, GPEN, GCFA, CISM, CRISC, RHCE

Learn GRC! GRC Mastery : https://grcmastery.com 

• Options
    GarudaMinGarudaMin Member Posts: 204
    Look into OSCP, it's far cheaper and cover a subset of CEH but more hands-on. You will have to do additional research for topics that you don't know. Don't worry, you have Google for that or any search engine. If you like OSCP and want to get deeper CEH is a bit more comprehensive and will introduce to more methodologies and tools. You will want to practice to get familiar with major tools. There's also SANS courses that are somewhat equivalent to CEH.
  • Options
    You're 22, not a teenager :P When I was 22 I worked in live data centers with millions of dollars worth of live transactions going through. You gotta demand respect in this industry (nicely). The sir/ma'am is a good touch though. CEH is a wierd start though. It won't get you anywhere on it's own. Definately not in a pentest gig automagically. Gotta have experience for that.

haha yea. i thing that im so old now .. its because i just discover that this is my passion last year 2011.. And now i won`t let it escape :D,

I want to a great security personnel.. for me mastering scripts or web development is just a move,, the move next and next.becasue every time counts now :D

• Options
    GarudaMin wrote: »
    Look into OSCP, it's far cheaper and cover a subset of CEH but more hands-on. You will have to do additional research for topics that you don't know. Don't worry, you have Google for that or any search engine. If you like OSCP and want to get deeper CEH is a bit more comprehensive and will introduce to more methodologies and tools. You will want to practice to get familiar with major tools. There's also SANS courses that are somewhat equivalent to CEH.

thanks .. i try to look for it

• Options
    UnixGuy wrote: »
    I don't think it's the best start. Read the material, work in your homelab and see if you can cope with the material. You need IT experience and more foundation knowledge.

If you get a job as a software developer, then you can progress to an application security role.

if you get a job in Networking, then you can do something with Networking security

same thing if you get a job as a sysadmin.

go get your hands dirty and get some real world experience. you're not a teenager icon_lol.gif

I just tried to master webdev cause i just want to get algorithms of it.. but truly want im is im a hacker who wants to achieve the best security ever :D