Options

vCenter + Web Client 5.1 woes

jibbajabbajibbajabba Member Posts: 4,317 ■■■■■■■■□□
For two days now I am trying to implement a 5.1 cluster and it drives me bonkers - I need to run a nested setup for a lab, which requires VM version 9 (and that is only available through the web client).

I run SQL from the vCenter seperate and run into all sorts of issues - or so I thought - the vCenter was not visible in the webclient and all KBs found (re-register using funky scripts etc.) failed.

Now I rebuild the vCenter server and just used the next>next>next approach - let the installer do all the work - including a local instance of SQL 2008 Express.

Still the same issues .. Then I thought "Screw it" - and just installed the C# client to see if the vCenter works in general. It did ...

Then I thought I give it another shot to see if I missed something and logged into the web client again - and woa - there it was - the vcenter with a single host (attached the physical host which hosts the vCenter to itself basically).

Now I am wondering - is this a requirement ? Does the vCenter have to have a host attached for it to show up on the web client ?!?
My own knowledge base made public: http://open902.com :p