Options

Finally Passed ICND1

SamHawkinsSamHawkins Member Posts: 43 ■■□□□□□□□□
Passed ICND1 yesterday with a score of 825. Now moving onto ICND2. Have people found ICND2 harder to learn that 1. I am assuming it is alot of the same information just extending the knowledge so i wasnt sure if learning it from scratch people found harder than adding extra knowledge of the topics.

Thanks

Comments

• Options
    networker050184networker050184 Mod Posts: 11,962 Mod
    Congrats on the pass!
    An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made.
  • Options
    Death DreamDeath Dream Member Posts: 149
    Congrats!
    I'd put more time into the ICND2 than you put into the ICND1. 800 is passing and you scored 825 with a max of 1000. Cutting it pretty close.
  • Options
    FloOzFloOz Member Posts: 1,614 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats on the pass! I would treat ICND2 as a whole different test. From what I've been told the test is a lot more difficult
  • Options
    Brandon1981Brandon1981 Member Posts: 19 ■□□□□□□□□□
    ICND2 is 2-3x more difficult (as I just mentioned in another thread). Concepts were basically brand new to me, and required a LOT of studying. I ran out of time and failed the first time I took ICND2. Know subnetting very well. I cannot emphasize that enough. Don't neglect it because the ICND2 study books didn't really hit it too hard except for the VLSM stuff. Make sure you review subnetting and know it in and out.
  • Options
    mgates67mgates67 Member Posts: 55 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats! I passed mine yesterday as well.
  • Options
    cheers. What score did you get?
  • Options
    NytrocideNytrocide Member Posts: 225
    Congrats! :)
    Goals for 2014: CCNA: Voice / CCNA: Security
  • Options
    RoguetadhgRoguetadhg Member Posts: 2,489 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Nice job!
    In order to succeed, your desire for success should be greater than your fear of failure.
    TE Threads: How to study for the CCENT/CCNA, Introduction to Cisco Exams

• Options
    Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats on pass!! icon_thumright.gif
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63
  • Options
    IsmaeljrpIsmaeljrp Member Posts: 480 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Woo! another, man, you guy's have been busy lately. Congratulations!!!
  • Options
    jdballingerjdballinger Member Posts: 252
    Congratulations!

I found ICND2 to be more difficult thatn ICND1, but I also found the information to be more interesting. It is definitely way more hands on required than the first test though, so make sure you get enough labbing done!
  • Options
    whatthehellwhatthehell Member Posts: 920
    Congratz on the pass!
    2017 Goals:
    [ ] Security + [ ] 74-409 [ ] CEH
    Future Goals:
    TBD
  • Options
    MrBrianMrBrian Member Posts: 520
    Congrats on your CCENT!!

I found ICND2 slightly harder. I remember I was racing the clock at the end and finished with under a minute.
    Currently reading: Internet Routing Architectures by Halabi
  • Options
    Thanks for all your thoughts on the ICND2 it is much appreciated
  • Options
    TurK-FXTurK-FX Member Posts: 174
    Congrats bro. i would study little more on fundamentals, since you cut so close to minimum passing score.
    WGU classes: Transferred -> AGC1, CLC1, TBP1, CJC1, BVC1, C278, CRV1, IWC1, IWT1, C246, C247, C132, C164, INC1, C277. Appealed -> WFV1 and C393.
    What is Left to take - > EUP1, EUC1, C220, C221, BNC1, GC1, C299, CTV1, DJV1, DHV1, CUV1, CJV1, TPV1, C394
    Currently Studying -> CCNA security (Designing Customized Security & Security)
  • Options
    DeathgomperDeathgomper Member Posts: 356 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congratz!!! Update your cert list and show off that CCENT!! The ICND2 was a little more difficult but I don't think by that much.