Passed N10-005!!

On a MissionOn a Mission Member Posts: 12 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hey everyone, this is my first post but I have been reading this site for a few months. I passed the N+ today with an 829. I can barely believe it! It is my first cert. I hope to do the A+ next as soon as the new test drops and then the Sec+.

I studied pretty hard for the CCNA this summer and got overwhelmed but it did help get me ready for this test. I used Professor Messer, and also watched the CBT Nuggets videos when they were on sale for $1. Darril Gibson's Iphone app for the N10-005 was invaluable as well. Reading the strategies of those of you who passed the test was great as well.

My exam did not seem too heavy in any one subject area but seemed to mix it up pretty good. Be sure to know how to apply the info you learn in your studies as there are plenty of scenario questions. Darril's app/Kindle book is great for that. There were a few questions where I was outright stumped but I think overall the questions were clear and the answers were as well. I was afraid the questions and answers would be stupid and confusing but that was not the case for me.

Hopefully I can now get in to Western Governor's. I have 2 years IT experience and the Net+!!

Comments

• IvanjamIvanjam Member Posts: 978 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats, On a Mission - the Net+ should take care of CRV1 (Networks) as well as CWV1 (Network Fundamentals) in the generic WGU BSIT - that's a total of 7 CU's (credits) you can already transfer in. The A+ will give you 8 CU's and the Sec+ another 7 CU's if you do them before starting WGU.
    Fall 2014: Start MA in Mathematics [X]
    Fall 2016: Start PhD in Mathematics [X]
  • Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats on pass!! icon_thumright.gif
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63
  • DarrilDarril Member Posts: 1,588
    Congrats on the pass and welcome to the forums. Glad to hear the iPhone app and Kindle book helped.

Good luck with the A+, Security+, and getting into WGU.
  • On a MissionOn a Mission Member Posts: 12 ■□□□□□□□□□
  • biggishbiggish Member Posts: 29 ■□□□□□□□□□
  • XcluzivXcluziv Member Posts: 513 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats on the pass!!!!
    LINKED | GTECH | NOTHINGBUTSHAREPOINT - BLOG AUTHOR

"TRY NOT. DO. OR DO NOT. THERE IS NO TRY" - Yoda

• Joshuab009Joshuab009 Member Posts: 67 ■■□□□□□□□□