Nexus 7... reboot!

GoodBishopGoodBishop Member Posts: 359 ■■■■□□□□□□
So I heard in the news that the Nexus 7 will be getting a 32 GB model, as well as 3G (HPSA+) mobile data. That seems awesome, actually, and it's at a price point that I would like to get.

So doing the research into what networks are available, there's AT&T and T-Mobile. AT&T's data plan is, well, let's say it's pricey. However, since I will only use the 3G data maybe 5 to 10 days out of the year (99% of the time I will be at home on my home wireless), T-Mobile has a pay by the day plan - it's 3 dollars per day. A much better deal for me.

I'm excited about it! Anybody have a Nexus 7 and like it?

Comments

• DaaxDaax Member Posts: 17 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Love my nexus 7!

~Daax~
  • tpatt100tpatt100 Member Posts: 2,991 ■■■■■■■■■□
    I heard the rumors they were releasing the 32gb so I sold mine on Ebay asap and somebody bought my 16gb for almost the same price I paid for it which would have gotten them 32gb now.

I liked it at first and my wife was using it originally but she didn't like it and ended up with the Kindle Fire HD. I kinda like the Fire HD more because it has nice hardware and better speakers. Main reason is the device counts as a "Kindle" device so we can borrow books on it from Amazon.

I ended up not using the Nexus very much. Chrome had issues with scrolling and I use Chrome sync for bookmarks so I didn't want to use Dolphin. The other was the app market didn't really acknowledge the Nexus screen size. Many apps that I used were phone apps, Flipboard and Facebook looked bad on it. Some apps I used like Amazon said "device not compatible". Plus 7 inches was a bit too small for reading magazines and comic books.

I liked the "size" though it was easier to use when sitting on the couch. I will stick with my iPad though because a 10 inch screen is perfect for magazines and comic books. I should have thought a little more before I suggested it to my wife.

The one reason I wanted to stay with it was I liked being able to "send to" in many apps. I liked being able to "send to" Springpad to clip a page for note keeping when web browsing and I stumble upon something I want to keep. Or "send to" a text message a story I see I want to forward.
  • NytrocideNytrocide Member Posts: 225
    Love my Nexus 7 too! I'll also be grabbing the Nexus 10 when it comes out.
    Goals for 2014: CCNA: Voice / CCNA: Security
  • Death DreamDeath Dream Member Posts: 149
    I'm still using my HP Touchpad 32gig with Android 4.0X installed. See no reason in getting anything else. The Nexus does look nice though.
  • StussyNzStussyNz Member Posts: 177
    Just out of curiosity, what is reading e-books like on the Nexus 7 (Cerftication books) for example? Any formatting issues, hard to read?

I was looking at investing in one for this very purpose. Either the Nexus 7 or the newely released Ipad mini (Class myself as a bit of an apple fan boy) - Their build quality is why I like their products.
  • tpatt100tpatt100 Member Posts: 2,991 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Reading books were fine but books with graphics was hit or miss. A lot of times graphics in one my my Server 2008 was hard to read. The 10 inch tablets are better for reading magazines, comics and cert books imo. The iPad mini is 7.80 or something which for me would have made it ok for comics but at that price I would rather wait for the next year iPad 10 inch upgrades.
  • pwjohnstonpwjohnston Member Posts: 441
    Yeah, I was excited about the 32GB when I heard about it, but I think I'll wait till I see the N10.