Options

2620xm purchase decision help

DynaiceDynaice Member Posts: 15 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hello,

I just have a question before I purchase a cisco 2620xm router. I currently have 3 2500 series routers and want to implement vlan trunking to my 2950 switch. I just wanted to confirm that there is no AUI adapter that supports FastEthernet that would enable me to trunk with my current setup.

Thanks

Comments

• Options
    RoguetadhgRoguetadhg Member Posts: 2,489 ■■■■■■■■□□
    My 2621 doesn't need to have any adapter for the Fa0/0 and 0/1 ports. It's just plug in like another host. Pretty hot.
    In order to succeed, your desire for success should be greater than your fear of failure.
    TE Threads: How to study for the CCENT/CCNA, Introduction to Cisco Exams

• Options
    I believe my question was a bit open ended when I was asking about the adapter.. haha. I meant to make sure there is no AUI fast ethernet adapter available for the 2500 series routers? I don't believe there is, but wanted to double check before I purchased a 2620 series for trunking.

Thanks
  • Options
    FloOzFloOz Member Posts: 1,614 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I ran into the same problem when I was trying to do inter vlan-trunking between my 2514s and 2950s. I have AUI Ethernet adapters on the 2514s. And the 2500 series do not support inter vlan routing. Dot1q only supports 100 meg trunk links
  • Options
    That's what I thought, but appreciate your input to help with my purchase. Looks like I'll be buying a 2620/21. I can do it all on packet tracer, but for some reason the stuff just doesn't stick as much with me as it does when I build the labs myself with the real equipment. That and PT doesn't have all the commands available I want to play around with.

thanks again.

Jason
  • Options
    RoguetadhgRoguetadhg Member Posts: 2,489 ■■■■■■■■□□
    the only difference between the 20xm and the 21xm is the Fa0/1 port. 21 has it, 20 doesn't.

Just plug in the cable, and you're good to go. I labbed on routers like Flo0z has, you need the converter for his, but not ours :)
    In order to succeed, your desire for success should be greater than your fear of failure.
    TE Threads: How to study for the CCENT/CCNA, Introduction to Cisco Exams