Options

**** - sheet before the exam

TurK-FXTurK-FX Member Posts: 174
I have ICND1 Next sunday november 11th. This is my **** sheet when i am studying. I am thinking to write it down before the exam starts, so it would help me save time. What else would be good addition to my **** sheet, so i save some time, and possibly prevent some any confusion when i am in the exam.
WGU classes: Transferred -> AGC1, CLC1, TBP1, CJC1, BVC1, C278, CRV1, IWC1, IWT1, C246, C247, C132, C164, INC1, C277. Appealed -> WFV1 and C393.
What is Left to take - > EUP1, EUC1, C220, C221, BNC1, GC1, C299, CTV1, DJV1, DHV1, CUV1, CJV1, TPV1, C394
Currently Studying -> CCNA security (Designing Customized Security & Security)

Comments

• Options
    jamesleecolemanjamesleecoleman Member Posts: 1,899 ■■■■■□□□□□
    You will get an empty laminated paper that you can write on when the actual exam starts. This means when the countdown starts, you can write notes and not during the tutorial. When you're done, you will turn in the paper.
    Booya!!
    WIP : | CISSP [2018] | CISA [2018] | CAPM [2018] | eCPPT [2018] | CRISC [2019] | TORFL (TRKI) B1 | Learning: | Russian | Farsi |
    *****You can fail a test a bunch of times but what matters is that if you fail to give up or not*****
  • Options
    RoguetadhgRoguetadhg Member Posts: 2,489 ■■■■■■■■□□
    One of the major things is subnetting. The rest is a lot to write down at the test center!
    In order to succeed, your desire for success should be greater than your fear of failure.
    TE Threads: How to study for the CCENT/CCNA, Introduction to Cisco Exams

• Options
    You will get an empty laminated paper that you can write on when the actual exam starts. This means when the countdown starts, you can write notes and not during the tutorial. When you're done, you will turn in the paper.

So you are saying i cant write my notes before the actual exam starts? Well, i took A+ exam in the same place, and they did not take my notes after the tutorial.
    WGU classes: Transferred -> AGC1, CLC1, TBP1, CJC1, BVC1, C278, CRV1, IWC1, IWT1, C246, C247, C132, C164, INC1, C277. Appealed -> WFV1 and C393.
    What is Left to take - > EUP1, EUC1, C220, C221, BNC1, GC1, C299, CTV1, DJV1, DHV1, CUV1, CJV1, TPV1, C394
  • Options
    ziggi138ziggi138 Member Posts: 94 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Not trying to sound rude or anything, but my opinion is if you need a **** sheet to take the exam, you are not ready for the exam. The only thing i use the laminated paper for is doing math and maybe drawing out the flow of a packet.
  • Options
    RoguetadhgRoguetadhg Member Posts: 2,489 ■■■■■■■■□□
    My testing centers have always handed me a laminated board after I go into the room, and the marker - it's girth rivaled that of the ICND1 book! When they leave, I quickly jot down math-type, or memorization-type things. Port numbers, Subnetting Charts (While comfortable, I liked the safty net so I didn't forget a 0 somewhere). As far as everything else, if I didn't know it, I didn't know it!

The major, basic ideas should've already been ingrained in your gray matter. Flows of things, basicly. These are concepts you should atleast have to the point you know.

If you need to write down pages of notes, you need to get more comfortable with the stuff!
    In order to succeed, your desire for success should be greater than your fear of failure.
    TE Threads: How to study for the CCENT/CCNA, Introduction to Cisco Exams

• Options
    ziggi138 wrote: »
    Not trying to sound rude or anything, but my opinion is if you need a **** sheet to take the exam, you are not ready for the exam. The only thing i use the laminated paper for is doing math and maybe drawing out the flow of a packet.

Just to be clear, i will not take it with me. I will re-create it within the time given to me for tutorial in the testing center. That will save me time when i am doing subnetting questions and may be will help prevent some confusion with other stuff.
  • Options
    kurosaki00kurosaki00 Member Posts: 973
    wait wait
    if you have to write down the layers of the OSI you may reconsider the exam

when I took icnd1 last time (yup more than once)
    I wrote down just stuff related to subnetting
    I have a peculiar way I subnet and I can save time if I write down the bits n stuff
    128 64 32 16 8 4 2

and the magic numbers
    for example
    subnet mask 255.255.255.128 = magic number is 128
    .192 = 64
    and so on
    meh