Options

Weird problem with Publisher's listing of available printers

bighuskerbighusker Member Posts: 147
None of the installed printers will show up in Publisher on this one lady's computer. They are installed in Windows and show up fine in other Office Programs (Word, Excel, Powerpoint, etc.). However, when you go to print a document in Publisher, the only printers listed are the "Microsoft Office Document Image Writer" and the "Lanfax Printer". None of the physical printers are listed!

I tried uninstalling and reinstalling all the printers. I also tried upgrading from Publisher XP to Publisher 2003, but the problem has persisted. I have googled this and searched Microsoft's knowledge base, but did not come up with anything....not even another person describing this problem!

Short of reinstalling Windows, does anyone have any ideas??? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Options
    Chivalry1Chivalry1 Member Posts: 569
    How about performing a repair on the office program from the Add/Remove window. If not I would look for updated printer drivers from the company's website.
    "The recipe for perpetual ignorance is: be satisfied with your opinions and
    content with your knowledge. " Elbert Hubbard (1856 - 1915)
  • Options
    I'll try the repair option, but since I've already uninstalled the older version and installed the newer one, I don't think it will do much good. The printer driver is a good suggestion, but no one else is having this issue when using the same version of Publisher and the same print driver.
  • Options
    jmc724jmc724 Member Posts: 415
    What about rights? Windows Apps published themselves to computer but printers dont always. I would check to see if user has available rights on computer, just my inclination....

2.5 pesos
    What next?
  • Options
    Thanks, but I don't see how it could be a rights issue if Publisher is the only program affected. The printers show up correctly in every other program.
  • Options
    jmc724jmc724 Member Posts: 415
    Then it may require a clean install of OS since most likely scenario is missing app/printer dll's and publishing to specific program(s).
    What next?