Knocked out SWITCH & TSHOOT

prtechprtech Member Posts: 163
I'm a CCNP!!!
If at first you do succeed, try something harder.

Comments

• MrBrianMrBrian Member Posts: 520
    Congrats on the NP prtech!!
    Currently reading: Internet Routing Architectures by Halabi
  • mattaumattau Member Posts: 218
    congrats. Did you do the 2 on the same day?
    how did you find Tshoot? did you do much prep for it?

• prtechprtech Member Posts: 163
    Thanks. Yeah I did them both this morning.

Tshoot was ok. I didn't study for it which is probably why I didn't score as high as I would've liked. I just did the tickets on the cisco website.
  • f0rgiv3nf0rgiv3n Member Posts: 598 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Yeaaaaaaaaaah! Nicely done! :D
  • JeanMJeanM Member Posts: 1,117
    Congrats sir!
    2015 goals - ccna voice / vmware vcp.
  • waragiwaragi Member Posts: 72 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congratulations , unbelievable.
    What I don't understand about tshoot is if the exam is like the demo on the Cisco site , why do all the books contains extra theory on maintenance models like fcaps and pppdio and then go into eem and ip sla if this is not covered in the exam?
  • f0rgiv3nf0rgiv3n Member Posts: 598 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Waragi, Those things you do need to know about before the exam because there are also multiple choice questions aside from the ticket system like the demo on Cisco's site. I do feel that the books, training videos, etc... are for those who don't have a good grasp on troubleshooting in general. Otherwise, it's just a way to get more $$ from you and I :D
  • prtechprtech Member Posts: 163
    There are some multiple choice questions and I think drag and drop stuff prior to the lab. I had no idea what FCAPS was. Even though I guessed and probably got all those type of questions wrong I was still able to get a 945.
    Thanks , i think its a safe bet to stick to revising switch and route and skip the tshoot Theory books.
  • mattaumattau Member Posts: 218
    im reading the tshoot OCG now. If anything I think its good for me as I dont have any experience in troubleshooting steps. Also im finding it good just to pin point what areas from route and switch I need to focus on and revise and go over my notes. Other wise id probably just be re reading route and switch books which aint efficient as most of the stuff comes back to you if you read bits and pieces.

I would say Trouble shooting is finding any thing that can go wrong , the gns3 vault how to master tshoot ebook explains exactly that in a clear way , its almost as fun as a episode of the walking dead.
  • wavewave Member Posts: 342
    Congrats!!

ROUTE Passed 1 May 2012
    SWITCH Passed 25 September 2012
    TSHOOT Passed 23 October 2012
    Taking CCNA Security in April 2013 then studying for the CISSP