Options

Windows SBS 2008 (Help!)

TechJunkyTechJunky Member Posts: 881
Ok, So a little background about myself is I mainly deal with enterprise class 2003-2008 servers. I design and maintain our Citrix Farms etc.

With that.... I HATE Small Business Server. I think its Microsoft's biggest pile of junk ever.

I have a personal friend who owns a business and his business is ran off this one SBS 2008 server. Someone did something on it and his Default site isnt working properly within IIS.

remote.domainname.com/Remote
remote.domainname.com/OWA
remote.domainname.com

None of them work.

Company Web works fine.

Any ideas? Also, DNS looks funky. It shows 1 single IPv4 address that its running on and then 2 IPv6 addresses.

They are using a 192.168.1.x subnet.

I cant seem to find the /Remote folder itself in backups dating back a year ago on the server using their lame attempt at a backup tool.

IE: Here is the path Default Website in SBS 2008 is pointing to.

C:\inetpub\wwroot

Under wwroot the only page is isstart.htm and a couple folders.

I honestly dont know enough about SBS to help him. I tried the Fix My Network Tool, and it always comes back with DNS is running on multiple addresses, even though I have specified the single address... So it seems someone horked this server up good.

Ok, So a little background about myself is I mainly deal with enterprise class 2003-2008 servers. I design and maintain our Citrix Farms etc.

With that.... I HATE Small Business Server. I think its Microsoft's biggest pile of junk ever.

I have a personal friend who owns a business and his business is ran off this one SBS 2011 server. Someone did something on it and his Default site isnt working properly within IIS.

remote.domainname.com/Remote
remote.domainname.com/OWA
remote.domainname.com

None of them work.

Company Web works fine.

Any ideas? Also, DNS looks funky. It shows 1 single IPv4 address that its running on and then 2 IPv6 addresses.

They are using a 192.168.1.x subnet.

I cant seem to find the /Remote folder itself in backups dating back a year ago on the server using their lame attempt at a backup tool.

IE: Here is the path Default Website in SBS 2008 is pointing to.

C:\inetpub\wwroot

Under wwroot the only page is isstart.htm and a couple folders.

I honestly dont know enough about SBS to help him. I tried the Fix My Network Tool, and it always comes back with DNS is running on multiple addresses, even though I have specified the single address... So it seems someone horked this server up good.

Ok, did some more digging... Finally have remote access.

Network Configuration:
Router is setup to host LAN DHCP addresses in the 192.168.1.x range with subnet of 255.255.255.0
Router is setup to host WIFI using SSID of XXXX (Security is WPA+WPA2)
External Facing Address on WAN is x.x.x.x (Static IP through ACS Alaska)

Server Configuration:
Windows 2011 Small Business Server Standard Edition x64 OS
Server is using 192.168.1.x address for Ipv4
Domain: domain.local
Servername: Domain-SERVER

Enabled Services that are running:
DNS: DNS Service running on local server. 192.168.1.x (Server has two Ipv6 addresses which is concerning, they show up within DNS, even though it has been specificed to use the Ipv4 address)
domain.local – Company Internal Domain
Remote.domain.com – Remote Website Domain
IIS: IIS Service hosting multiple websites, only Companyweb appears to be working at this time correctly. (Companyweb, Default Web Site, SBS Client Deployment Applications, SBS ShaprePoint, SharePoint Central Administrator v4, Sharepoint Web Services, WSUS Administration)
Server Shares: (C:\Users\Shares, C:\Users\Public, C:\Users\FolderRedicrections,)

Known Issues that need immediate attention:
DFS Namespace is is not running, required dependencys are required, unable to start
IIS Admin Service is not running, required dependencys are required, unable to start
Microsoft Exchange Services is unable to start (Uknown why at this time)
Sharepoint 2010 Timer Service is unable to start (Uknown why at this time)
Sharepoint 2010 VSS-Writer Service is unable to start (Unknown why at this time)
The Remote Desktop Gateway Service is unable to start (Unknown why at this time)
The World Wide Web Publishing Service is unable to start (Uknown why at this time)

I replaced IP addresses and domain/server names with fakes as to not give any critical business info out. So, I am going to tackle those immediate attention issues first. But any ideas on the Website thing?

Comments