Options

The Best IT comedy TV Series/Movies

StussyNzStussyNz Member Posts: 177
Hi all, what are some of the best IT TV Servies/Movies of all time?

I'd defo say the "IT Crowd" would have to be the best! What are all your thoughts on this subject?

Comments

• Options
    m5fgnm5fgn Registered Users Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I agree - the IT Crowd by far the best...

"Have you turned it off and on yet?" oh how true icon_smile.gif

The episode about the "Internet" is pure genius - I could actually see some of the non-techies I know actually falling for the same kind of thing.
  • Options
    FloOzFloOz Member Posts: 1,614 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I just started watching "The IT Crowd" on netflix and it is hilarious!!!
  • Options
    doverdover Member Posts: 184 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Season 4 Episode 5
    {The computer controlling the bomb-disposal robot has crashed}

Moss: What kind of operating system does it use?
    Police: Err... it's... Vista!
    Moss
    : We are going to die!
  • Options
    cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
    Out of curiosity, am I the only one who hates the IT Crowd?
  • Options
    eansdadeansdad Member Posts: 775 ■■■■□□□□□□
    cyberguypr wrote: »

Yup.....

IT Crowd is funny as he!!
  • Options
    RoguetadhgRoguetadhg Member Posts: 2,489 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Eh. I see the internet clip on youtube, just now.

I find it hard to believe the people in the audience would find it funny.
    In order to succeed, your desire for success should be greater than your fear of failure.
    TE Threads: How to study for the CCENT/CCNA, Introduction to Cisco Exams

• Options
    whatthehellwhatthehell Member Posts: 920
    Really wish there were more episodes and seasons. Only 4 seasons and 6 episodes per season I believe! icon_sad.gif
    2017 Goals:
    [ ] Security + [ ] 74-409 [ ] CEH
    Future Goals:
    TBD
  • Options
    Really wish there were more episodes and seasons. Only 4 seasons and 6 episodes per season I believe! icon_sad.gif

Yeah.. However there are rumors that there is a new season in the making! Fingers crossed!
  • Options
    RoguetadhgRoguetadhg Member Posts: 2,489 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I still prefer coupling. Ex of mine got me on the show. Awesome stuff.
    In order to succeed, your desire for success should be greater than your fear of failure.
    TE Threads: How to study for the CCENT/CCNA, Introduction to Cisco Exams

• Options
    thegoodbyethegoodbye Member Posts: 94 ■■□□□□□□□□
    The IT Crowd is hilarious, but I could definitely go without the laugh track that they bundle into the show. It's awful at times.
  • Options
    FloOzFloOz Member Posts: 1,614 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Yah I have to agree the laugh track can be very annoying sometimes. Took some getting used too
  • Options
    DevilWAHDevilWAH Member Posts: 2,997 ■■■■■■■■□□
    For pure IT i would have to agree IT Crowd.

however for a geek feast and with a fair bit of IT involved I think "the big bang theory" is a better show.

But not much beats the countdown episode of IT crowd. with the 8+ club and negative one.. Street Countdown.. like countdown but in the street..
    • If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough. Albert Einstein
    • An arrow can only be shot by pulling it backward. So when life is dragging you back with difficulties. It means that its going to launch you into something great. So just focus and keep aiming.
  • Options
    DevilWAH wrote: »
    For pure IT i would have to agree IT Crowd.

however for a geek feast and with a fair bit of IT involved I think "the big bang theory" is a better show.

But not much beats the countdown episode of IT crowd. with the 8+ club and negative one.. Street Countdown.. like countdown but in the street..

The Big bang theory is also a winner for myself. Wish someone would take the oppotunity to develop new series like "The IT Crowd" and "Big Bang Theory"..
  • Options
    yoshiiakiyoshiiaki Member Posts: 48 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I've seen every episode of The Big Ban Theory so far, and the entire series of IT Crowd. I would say that the first 2 seasons of TBBT made me laugh more than IT Crowd, but then TBBT really slumped down for me. Felt as if they were growing more in popularity and so they started to drop the geek stuff and make more of a standard sitcom. Having serious romance relationships rather than just the akward nerdiness that started it all. The nerd jokes feel farther apart science jokes have been dumbed down as well. It's still a good show, but from end to end, I would pick IT Crowd. I hope they make something else, I love the idea of it, but honestly I don't think that an "IT Crowd" equivalent could really survive in the states for very long without conforming like TBBT did.
    2013 Goals: [x] Sec+ [x] CCNA []Proj+ []OSCP
    2013 Stretch Goals: [] CCNA-Sec []Land Sec job
  • Options
    dave330idave330i Member Posts: 2,091 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Roguetadhg wrote: »
    I still prefer coupling. Ex of mine got me on the show. Awesome stuff.

Awesome show. Season 4 was weak when Jeff character left. The creator also did Sherlock.
    2018 Certification Goals: Maybe VMware Sales Cert
    "Simplify, then add lightness" -Colin Chapman
  • Options
    nelnel Member Posts: 2,859 ■□□□□□□□□□

thats pretty standard for british TV shows.

Yeah the IT crowd is awesome. British comedy is awesome. 6 episodes is quite standard for UK TV series.
    Xbox Live: Bring It On

Bsc (hons) Network Computing - 1st Class
    WIP: Msc advanced networking
  • Options
    MickQMickQ Member Posts: 628 ■■■■□□□□□□
    English version of the IT crowd.
    Chris O'Dowd said recently enough that they weren't going to do another season (I'm disappointed, too) as they're all working on their own different projects - Moss: directing (Submarines); Roy: acting (Moone Boy); Jen: no idea; Graham Linehan, writer/director: some other comedy project.
    It was actually filmed in front of a live audience and they edited it depending on the laugh response from them. Still, they could have cut down on it in the final programme.

Concur with countdown episode; Word.

@Rogue, you have to see the whole thing. And make sure that you degauss the internet.
  • Options
    MAC_AddyMAC_Addy Member Posts: 1,740 ■■■■□□□□□□
    The IT crowd is the best for a TV show. As for movies, I don't really watch movies that often so I can't contribute. Although, war games is a brilliant movie.
    2017 Certification Goals:
    CCNP R/S
  • Options
    DevilWAHDevilWAH Member Posts: 2,997 ■■■■■■■■□□
    MickQ wrote: »
    English version of the IT crowd.
    Chris O'Dowd said recently enough that they weren't going to do another season (I'm disappointed, too) as they're all working on their own different projects - Moss: directing (Submarines);

Sumbmarines was interesting film hes proving him self as a good director and actor, think he will be around for a long time to come. Moss also was in the cult series "Garth Marenghi's Darkplace"

and for pure geekness my mate made me the "internet" as a present. It sits on my desk at work and its surprising how many people recognize it and come over to "turn" it off. but fear not, the little red light continues to blink away.
    • If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough. Albert Einstein
    • An arrow can only be shot by pulling it backward. So when life is dragging you back with difficulties. It means that its going to launch you into something great. So just focus and keep aiming.
  • Options
    MickQMickQ Member Posts: 628 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Ah Darkplace. So cheesy, and just plain silly. Classic.
  • Options
    SouthSeaPirateSouthSeaPirate Member Posts: 173
    dover wrote: »
    Season 4 Episode 5
    {The computer controlling the bomb-disposal robot has crashed}

Moss: What kind of operating system does it use?
    Police: Err... it's... Vista!
    Moss
    : We are going to die!

By far my most favorite moment in all the episodes!

I cant believe you, we're a team Roy; oh wait I can totally run away!
  • Options
    RTmarcRTmarc Member Posts: 1,082 ■■■□□□□□□□
    cyberguypr wrote: »
    Definitely not.
  • Options
    paulgswansonpaulgswanson Member Posts: 311
    quote_icon.png Originally Posted by cyberguypr viewpost-right.png Out of curiosity, am I the only one who hates the IT Crowd?

Nope, Can't say that I care for that show either. TBBT though started funny, but yeah...was good, not so much anymore.
    http://paulswansonblog.wordpress.com/
    WGU Progress: B.S. Network Management & Design <- I quit (got bored)
  • Options
    YuckTheFankeesYuckTheFankees Member Posts: 1,281 ■■■■■□□□□□
    I don't know what it is but I do not find the IT crowd funny at all. I had a few techies show me a few clips, they were all dying laughing and I couldn't figure out why. But hey, that's just me.