Options

night shift

Mike-MikeMike-Mike Member Posts: 1,860
This forum is dead over night.... no Eastern time zone 3rd shifters out there?
Currently Working On

CWTS, then WireShark

Comments

• Options
    inscom.brigadeinscom.brigade Member Posts: 400 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I am looking for a night shift job hope to join you REAL soon!
  • Options
    eansdadeansdad Member Posts: 775 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I'm on 12 hr 3rd shift for my NOC job but that is on fri/sat/sun.
  • Options
    nava87nava87 Member Posts: 30 ■■■□□□□□□□
    eansdad wrote: »
    I'm on 12 hr 3rd shift for my NOC job but that is on fri/sat/sun.

I just accepted a 12hr night position. How is it working those hours?
  • Options
    I'm glad they have CBT Nuggets ... Work isn't as heavy as the days or even the weekday nights. We still get hit sometimes but I can get some good study time in. Other then that it isn't bad for a 2nd job.
  • Options
    I am working 12hour nights, 7pm to 7am
    Currently Working On

CWTS, then WireShark
  • Options
    bermovickbermovick Member Posts: 1,135 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Same here - 7pm to 7am, for the last 2 years. It's quiet enough most nights that I managed to knock out my CCNP last year. I've been slacking a bit since then. I need to get back on board...
    Latest Completed: CISSP

Current goal: Dunno
  • Options
    apr911apr911 Member Posts: 380 ■■■■□□□□□□
    You're right, this board is quiet overnight... Im on 3rd Shift 10p-8a Central time usually stop in to check on the days posts while on work... I'll update a few but its so quiet there isn't much reason to stick around.
    Currently Working On: Openstack
    2020 Goals: AWS/Azure/GCP Certifications, F5 CSE Cloud, SCRUM, CISSP-ISSMP
  • Options
    W StewartW Stewart Member Posts: 794 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I work 12 hour night shift from 9pm-9am Wed-Fri and every other Sat.
  • Options
    well, seems like there is more night timers on here than I thought.

I'm going to need you all to research my previous posts, and then post about things I find interesting over night so I can be entertained...

YOU'RE WELCOME
    Currently Working On

CWTS, then WireShark
  • Options
    ptilsenptilsen Member Posts: 2,835 ■■■■■■■■■■
    I would love a night shift job, but outside of support positions they are few and far between.
    Working B.S., Computer Science
    Complete: 55/120 credits SPAN 201, LIT 100, ETHS 200, AP Lang, MATH 120, WRIT 231, ICS 140, MATH 215, ECON 202, ECON 201, ICS 141, MATH 210, LING 111, ICS 240
    In progress: CLEP US GOV,
    Next up: MATH 211, ECON 352, ICS 340
  • Options
    YuckTheFankeesYuckTheFankees Member Posts: 1,281 ■■■■■□□□□□
    I worked a 12 hour night shift during the summer, now I'm working the day shift to make my relationship at home better (girlfriends hate the night shifticon_lol.gif). I'm getting paid less to do 4x the amount of work, man do I miss the night shifts. Now that I'm actually enrolled at WGU, I would be able to graduate in under a year if I was working the night shift...
  • Options
    kurosaki00kurosaki00 Member Posts: 973
    also writing you from my 12 hrs night shift
    meh
  • Options
    (girlfriends hate the night shifticon_lol.gif). I'm getting paid less to do 4x the amount of work, man do I miss the night shifts. Now that I'm actually enrolled at WGU, I would be able to graduate in under a year if I was working the night shift...

my wife wasnt' crazy about me working nights either, but she trusted my judgement

it has already helped out in numerous situations with picking up/dropping off kids

another bonus is that it is slower on night shift, and I have found I am able to do more studying at work and in turn spending less time studying at home, so I get more actual family time at home

12 hour shifts are the best, I dont want to go back to a standard 40 hour week.
    Currently Working On

CWTS, then WireShark
  • Options
    nava87nava87 Member Posts: 30 ■■■□□□□□□□
    what are some of you guy's job on night shift?
  • Options
    nava87 wrote: »
    what are some of you guy's job on night shift?

I am a "Network Administrator I"

but I'm more or less a Network monitor.. level one stuff around here, wait for alerts from servers or network devices, gather as much info as possible and send it on to level 2
    Currently Working On

CWTS, then WireShark
  • Options
    W StewartW Stewart Member Posts: 794 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I'm a Junior Systems Administrator at a webhosting company for Windows and Linux servers.
  • Options
    jsnchrry33jsnchrry33 Member Posts: 12 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I work in Cyber security and work do midshift Sat-Mon night working 13.5 shifts. Its great for me as I can do my homework and study for certs.
  • Options
    PsoasmanPsoasman Member Posts: 2,687 ■■■■■■■■■□
    I just got off of graves (12am - 8am). Plenty of study time, but sometimes hard to stay awake. I actually get more study in during swings now, probably because I'm wide awake. I work as an operations tech.
  • Options
    Official title ... Windows Server Engineer ... Reality ... NOC Admin that deals with mostly Linux/Unix issues, go figure.

Yeah wife doesn't like the schedule (Fri/Sat/Sun 9p to 9a and every other Thurs 9p-5a) but she sure doesn't mind spending the raise it got me...lol
  • Options
    About7NarwhalAbout7Narwhal Member Posts: 761
    Just got off of a Friday - Monday 1900-0600 shift doing Service Desk myself. I agree that nothing happens on here during the nights. I am an Operations Analyst Accosicate now... 15:00-23:30 Tuesday - Saturday. Still long nights, except now I have an extra one at the end of the week.
  • Options
    IvanjamIvanjam Member Posts: 978 ■■■■□□□□□□
    eansdad wrote: »
    Yeah wife doesn't like the schedule (Fri/Sat/Sun 9p to 9a and every other Thurs 9p-5a)

Great schedule - wish I had one like that!
    Fall 2014: Start MA in Mathematics [X]
    Fall 2016: Start PhD in Mathematics [X]