Options

CBT Nuggets Then INE videos for CCENT

beach5563beach5563 Member Posts: 344 ■■■□□□□□□□
Would this be a good combination for CCENT. Just been flooded with so many different opinions from so many people recently. I'm seriously thinking of using these two with Packet Tracer and maybe a Boson test.

Comments

• Options
    atorvenatorven Member Posts: 319
    I would recommend that you get a bookt to fill in the gaps that are left in either videos, either the official cisco book by wendell odomor the Sybex book by Todd lammle.
  • Options
    mgates67mgates67 Member Posts: 55 ■■■□□□□□□□
    The videos certainly serve a purpose but, at least in my opinion, they aren't enough. The videos tend to be more general in nature while the books contain a lot of detailed information. The videos, however, help with filling in the gaps and "seeing the network in action," so to speak. The study method I have found to be best for me is to read a chapter in the book (pick your favorite, there are many opinions on which is better) and then watch the corresponding video. This seems to reinforce the material for me. Hope that helps but as they say, your mileage may vary.
  • Options
    IsmaeljrpIsmaeljrp Member Posts: 480 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I have to second mgates67. That's how I like to study also, and also remember to not fall into " All Theory ". Practice and configure what you are studying.
  • Options
    FloOzFloOz Member Posts: 1,614 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Go with the CBTNuggets and Odom/Lammle book. I watched some of the INE videos and noticed that they include a lot of content not on the CCENT. Watch those INE videos when you are studying for your ICND2.
  • Options
    Thanks so much guys, I have been getting stuck over and over again. I think I will do the CBT nuggets with the Lammle book and Packet Tracer. I have the 7th edition from Sybex. I used the sybex book years ago when I took the test. I was unsuccessful but came pretty close. I had just taken a local CCNA class. I should be able to do it this time though. Just need to get a good practice test for CCENT because the book only has one for CCNA I believe. Just dont have a lot of money right now though.
  • Options
    NytrocideNytrocide Member Posts: 225
    I'll be doing the same thing, but maybe along with a Boson test after.
    Goals for 2014: CCNA: Voice / CCNA: Security
  • Options
    Nytrocide wrote: »
    I'll be doing the same thing, but maybe along with a Boson test after.

Thats what I was thinking but I was wondering if I should just use the one that comes with the cisco press book because I cant afford the Boson Exam Max test its $99
  • Options
    IsmaeljrpIsmaeljrp Member Posts: 480 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Instead of buying Practice tests, why not just pay for and take the test..it would give the real experience even if you fail. And it let's you know what sections or types of topics you were weak on. I probably spend 80 bucks a month on fast food and eating out anyway, it would be a good diet plan. icon_lol.gif
  • Options
    Yea I agree, I just wanted something to practice with to get the feel of it I guess because I know its timed.
    Ismaeljrp wrote: »
    Instead of buying Practice tests, why not just pay for and take the test..it would give the real experience even if you fail. And it let's you know what sections or types of topics you were weak on. I probably spend 80 bucks a month on fast food and eating out anyway, it would be a good diet plan. icon_lol.gif