Options

computer hard ware problem

onyango mosesonyango moses Member Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi
i would like to format my hard drive since it has bad sectors.
My probelm is that i do not know how to format and i format how can i instal back my operating system.
Any help please.
Hi,
am new member known as Onyango moses from uganda(east africa) i would be glad for any asistant.

Comments

• Options
    studentasdfstudentasdf Member Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Just pop in the Operating System CD i.e Windows XP or Windows 2000,
    Reboot your machine and you should get a prompt asking to push any key to boot from the CD that's if your boot order is correct. After that it's pretty straight forward just make sure you read the text carefully. As for the bad sectors i believe if you run scandisk it will identify them and prevent you from writing into those bad blocks.
  • Options
    RussSRussS Member Posts: 2,068 ■■■□□□□□□□
    If you alreadt have bad sectors on your disk there is every likelyhood that it will develop more. I suggest that you keep this disk for playing around with an intall your OS and data on a nice new one.
    www.supercross.com
    FIM website of the year 2007
  • Options
    qsubqsub Member Posts: 303
    If you have bad sectors, I believe you can run scan disk or something similar to that. It will then let you know your bad sector information then it stops writing to the bad sector area. So you're hard drives good like new, although I'd advise backing up now.
    World Cup 2006 - Zidane - Never Forget.