/30 sim question (intro exam)

optizeoptize Member Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
Just took my intro test, and failed. Got like 740 out of 832 or something.

They had 2 sims, one of them I know I got right (setting passwords on the lines) and then there was this other sim that I wasn't so sure about.

They gave me 2 routers, connected by a serial interface and then a workstation connected off the second router. They gave me a /30, so I used the first usable IP in that /30 on the first router, and then I was able to ping the 2nd useable ip address on that /30 (I'm guessing it was the 2nd router, they didn't tell me what that ip was) and I could ping the workstation off the 2nd router, however -- when I login to the workstation, I can't ping either one of those /30's ips, the router the workstation was directly connected to, or the router I configured (router 1)

Does anyone know what the deal with that was? I go again on Friday, I hope I pass it.

Comments

• EdTheLadEdTheLad Member Posts: 2,111 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Your descriptions a little hazy,all i can ask is did u configure the default gateway on the work station?
    Networking, sometimes i love it, mostly i hate it.Its all about the $$$$
  • optizeoptize Member Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
    ed_the_lad wrote:
    Your descriptions a little hazy,all i can ask is did u configure the default gateway on the work station?

I had no access to the workstation except the command 'ping' I was hoping someone had the same exam and figure out what I missed.
  • tonydotigrtonydotigr Member Posts: 129
    I think I might have had a similar simulation question. Honestly I'm pretty sure I got it wrong, but I also had a simulation configuring the lines. I passed with a score over 900, don't worry if you mess up one simulation, the way it's weighed you can easily make that up in other parts.

As far as the other "problem" simulation... I'm pretty sure I used a "show cdp neighbor detail" in order to troubleshoot the problem. It was over a month back now, a little hazy.

Good luck!