Options

Linux & Diablo 3? Blizzard's going to wield that Banhammer!

RoguetadhgRoguetadhg Member Posts: 2,489 ■■■■■■■■□□
Play Diablo 3 on linux? Be prepared to be banned. All Linux gamers are cheaters, right? Right?

Lots Of Linux Users Perma-Banned In Diablo 3...Again
In order to succeed, your desire for success should be greater than your fear of failure.
TE Threads: How to study for the CCENT/CCNA, Introduction to Cisco Exams

Comments

• Options
    swildswild Member Posts: 828
    While this isn't really surprising considering Blizzard's history, since they have openly said that gaming on Linux is not a basis for banning, this could open them up to a class-action suit if they are not providing a clear course of remediation. However, since the linux gaming crowd is 1) not all that large, and 2) not all that profitable, I would be surprised if ANY lawyer would be willing to attempt such a thing. Past case law has proven that any decently written EULA pretty much leaves the company infallible.

While I really, really loved Diablo and Diablo 2, I have not and will not purchase Diablo 3 or any game that requires an active internet connection to play a single player game. I like Steam since everything is associated with your account and even if I have to reinstall the game however many times that I need, I will always have access to the games as long as I have access to my account. There are better ways of doing things than the way that Blizzard chooses to do it.
  • Options
    nosoup4unosoup4u Member Posts: 365
    D3 sucks pretty hard regardless
  • Options
    RoguetadhgRoguetadhg Member Posts: 2,489 ■■■■■■■■□□
    DRM is just a pain in the [Wrench Drop]. I got tired of D3, but no matter the game - banning players that aren't cheating is a bit wrong. As I see it. Now if they were chopping up the game, and giving themselves epic drops, one shot kills, etc... I would understand.

Steam has their beta Linux files out, so I hear.
    In order to succeed, your desire for success should be greater than your fear of failure.
    TE Threads: How to study for the CCENT/CCNA, Introduction to Cisco Exams

• Options
    demonfurbiedemonfurbie Member Posts: 1,819
    why i didn get d3 ... i loooovvveed d1&2 but when they said you have to have an internet connection i was like nope not gonna happen
    wgu undergrad: done ... woot!!
    WGU MS IT Management: done ... double woot :cheers: