Options

Ccna - job

lfcwhoelselfcwhoelse Member Posts: 28 ■□□□□□□□□□
Has anyone here on the forum after passing their CCNA gone straight into a job which involves working in a Cisco network environment?

Thanks

Comments

• Options
    jsb515jsb515 Member Posts: 253
    lfcwhoelse wrote: »
    Has anyone here on the forum after passing their CCNA gone straight into a job which involves working in a Cisco network environment?

Thanks

My job is actually paying for my test to get certified, but I got quite a few Cisco buddies and they all say they haven't had issues finding work. I see you're in the UK so might be different there. The voice side of the CCNA seems to be in higher demand.
  • Options
    RoguetadhgRoguetadhg Member Posts: 2,489 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Be prepared to move. SC doesn't have a lot of tech openings - I say this looking at Dice.com as I type this comment.

UK might be different!
    In order to succeed, your desire for success should be greater than your fear of failure.
    TE Threads: How to study for the CCENT/CCNA, Introduction to Cisco Exams

• Options
    lfcwhoelselfcwhoelse Member Posts: 28 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thanks for the replies, just asking as I want to move away from the Microsoft Server network tech type roles in the uk and wanted to know if CCNA is the way to go (hearing stories of people going straight into £35.000 /70.000 dollar salaries after doing their CCNA)
  • Options
    oli356oli356 Member Posts: 364
    All depends on who you know really and where abouts in the UK you live, your age/experience etc..
    Lab:
    Combination of GNS3 and Cisco equipment if required.
  • Options
    RoguetadhgRoguetadhg Member Posts: 2,489 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Word of warning: Don't expect the high salaries just because you have a CCNA. Expect entry-level salaries.
    In order to succeed, your desire for success should be greater than your fear of failure.
    TE Threads: How to study for the CCENT/CCNA, Introduction to Cisco Exams

• Options
    TehToGTehToG Member Posts: 194
    All those stories are rubbish mostly. I wouldn't listen to them. In the UK (right now anyway) the only way you're going to jump into a networking gig at that salary with CCNA level knowledge is if you have a decade of experience or a relevant degree. And even that the top end is £30k.
  • Options
    MAC_AddyMAC_Addy Member Posts: 1,740 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Roguetadhg wrote: »
    Word of warning: Don't expect the high salaries just because you have a CCNA. Expect entry-level salaries.
    This is exactly right.
    2017 Certification Goals:
    CCNP R/S