Options

Server 2008 exam extensions

antielvisantielvis Member Posts: 285 ■■■□□□□□□□
Noted this morning that Server 2008 exams will now expire July 31, 2014. Windows 7 has been given an extension until Jan 2014.

Comments

• Options
    sratakhinsratakhin Member Posts: 818
    Where did you see that?
  • Options
    microsoft.com/learning. You have to dig through it, but they've extended the exams. It especially makes sense with Windows 7.
  • Options
    _calvin__calvin_ Member Posts: 19 ■■■□□□□□□□
    nice because i thought i was falling behind schedule to get the mcitp:ea by july 2013.
  • Options
    cruwlcruwl Member Posts: 341 ■■□□□□□□□□
    calvin you might want to keep an eye on the exam retirement page, im still showing EA expires July 2012
  • Options
    MCITP (Microsoft Certified IT Professional) | Training Courses for IT Professionals

[h=2]MCITP Overview[/h]Most MCITP certifications are set to be discontinued. You will not be able to earn this certificate after July 31, 2014.
  • Options
    _calvin__calvin_ Member Posts: 19 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Yea i still see on the website that the enterprise administrator cert still ends on July 2013. Oh well, I'm pushing hard.
  • Options
    pizzaboypizzaboy Member Posts: 244 ■■■□□□□□□□
    the windows 7 exams are not expiring in 2014, just the name MCITP.
    "This certification will be discontinued January 31, 2014. The exams will remain in market, and by passing these exams you will continue to earn the MCSA: Windows 7 certification."
    MCITP (Microsoft Certified IT Professional) | Training Courses for IT Professionals

This link Windows 7 Certification also has notes detailing when and if the Windows 7 exams will be retired and no dates have been set.
    God deserves my best