Options

ICDN 1 sims on the test

jsb515jsb515 Member Posts: 253
Few questions about the sims on the test.

1) can you reconfig any mistakes and still get the question right

2) do you or should you always do copy running-config startup-config on all sim questions?

i'm using boson exam sim and it seems very picky... so was wondering if the real exam is the same way.

Comments

• Options
    matt333matt333 Member Posts: 276 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Yup, copy run start should be used on every sim to make sure you get all the points you can and yes as long as the config is correct when you press next you will be fine.
    Studying: Automating Everything, network API's, Python etc.. 
    Certifications: CCNP, CCDP, JNCIP-DC, JNCIS-DevOps, JNCIS-ENT, JNCIS-SP
  • Options
    TurK-FXTurK-FX Member Posts: 174
    matt333 wrote: »
    Yup, copy run start should be used on every sim to make sure you get all the points you can and yes as long as the config is correct when you press next you will be fine.

so if you dont run the command "copy run start" it will be considered wrong? cus for a time being, the answer is write. And if the question doesnt imply that the router will be rebooted, the answer should be considered right.
    WGU classes: Transferred -> AGC1, CLC1, TBP1, CJC1, BVC1, C278, CRV1, IWC1, IWT1, C246, C247, C132, C164, INC1, C277. Appealed -> WFV1 and C393.
    What is Left to take - > EUP1, EUC1, C220, C221, BNC1, GC1, C299, CTV1, DJV1, DHV1, CUV1, CJV1, TPV1, C394
    Currently Studying -> CCNA security (Designing Customized Security & Security)
  • Options
    jsb515jsb515 Member Posts: 253
    yeah that why i wondering are they looking for the copy run start to see if the student is aware enough to save the config?
  • Options
    bermovickbermovick Member Posts: 1,135 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Nobody really knows :)
    Latest Completed: CISSP

Current goal: Dunno
  • Options
    oli356oli356 Member Posts: 364
    I doubt there's a way of knowing, so just do it. It's 1 command.
    Lab:
    Combination of GNS3 and Cisco equipment if required.
  • Options
    Iceman25kIceman25k Member Posts: 30 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Speaking from experience, the "correct way" is the Cisco way. I always type out the full commands completely. I'd rather not take the chance of getting docked points because I used shortcuts. At home, I use write all the time, but on the exam, it's good ol' copy running-config startup-config.
    11/29/12: Begin CCNP ROUTE.
  • Options
    JasonITJasonIT Member Posts: 114
    As far as i can remember, ICND1 is only show command sims and looking for information, no actual configuring scenarios. The actual configuration sims are in ICND2. The instructor at my local Computer Learning Center said you cannot score 100% without using the copy run start command, but I do not know that for sure.

J
  • Options
    IllumanatiIllumanati Banned Posts: 211 ■□□□□□□□□□
    JasonIT wrote: »
    As far as i can remember, ICND1 is only show command sims and looking for information, no actual configuring scenarios. The actual configuration sims are in ICND2. The instructor at my local Computer Learning Center said you cannot score 100% without using the copy run start command, but I do not know that for sure.

J

And the above is all that separates ICND1 from Network + other then maybe Access lists/Security and Wireless. I would go for composite exam if you have any bkgd in IT because ICND1 sounds too easy to me as Ihave hear by many they are just giving it away anyway.